Thursday, January 24, 2008

I love you the most!

A few weeks ago Jenna and Adam started a fun little thing with each other. Each day I would hear this conversation play out between the 2 of them:

Jenna, "I love you the most."
Adam, "No, that's impossible I love you the most!"
Jenna, "No, I love YOU the most!"
Adam, "Silly, I love YOU the most!"

Back and forth they would go each determined to win the "argument" and Jenna loved every minute of it. After the conversation finally came to a stop they would inevitably start to play "rock, paper, scissors" with each other. I found it to be a good thing for Jenna as it was a special thing she had going with her Dad that was just for the 2 of them. That went on for a week or two, and then Jenna started extending this fun little game with others in the family. That was all well and good for awhile, but if any of you know my kids you know that they can be quite competitive. Pretty soon Britton and Jenna were actually fighting over who loved the other one more and Jenna would storm away because Britton wouldn't let it go. This OBVIOUSLY defeats the whole purpose of the game so we had to come up with a solution. Now we each get a day to love each other the most and Jenna keeps track of it all. Now such conversations sound like this:

Jenna, "I love you the most, Dad!"
Dad, "No, I love you the most."
Jenna, "No, Dad, today is MY day to love you the most."
Dad, "Ok, I love you the most tomorrow."
Jenna, "Ok"

Everyone is happy and peace has once again been restored in the Campbell household. As for the "rock, paper, scissors" game, Adam and Jenna usually play until Jenna has won the majority of the games. Yes the whole, "Ok, let's do 2 out of 3. . . . Ok, best of 5" thing applies there. I know Adam is having good luck when they play more than 10 times.

No comments: