Thursday, November 1, 2007

Candy, Candy, Candy

As I write this Britton and Jenna are deep into negotiations. "I'll give you my M & M's for your Skittles. . " I guess it is a great way to learn an essential life skill-- the art of negotiation. So far we haven't seen any fighting, definitely a plus.

For Halloween Britton was a Shark, Jenna was Cinderella, and Korinne was a ladybug, which, by the way, is one of her nicknames. I always say things like, "Come here ladybug" and yesterday it actually made sense! Too bad Halloween is only once a year. Umm, kidding only. Can you imagine if there was always this amount of candy laying around?? It would be pure insanity. Here are the kids in their costumes ready to go out.


One of my Dad's favorite things is to take the grandkids trick-or-treating on Halloween and for once the weather was great. I took the kids to Adam's office earlier in the day and one of his co-workers had dressed up like a farmer and brought a real life pig as his prop. Yes, a real pig! Apparently he has a pet pig who is potty trained and everything and he (or she) just sat under his desk and slept all day. Who has pet pigs?!? (messy children excluded, of course) Here is a picture of Britton feeding the pig a carrot.

Definitely something you don't see everyday. Brings new meaning to the phrase, "Yeah, I work with a real pig." :-)

2 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

One of my favorite parts of Halloween was the post trick-or-treat candy sorting and trading. Somehow it feels like there is real power behind chocolate-based negotiations!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Surviving the sugar overload?