Ok, so I tried to combine 2 words that were never meant to be one, but for Korinne every 5 years she will get to celebrate her birthday on Thanksgiving day. What a blessing. :-)
We showed up to my Aunt Kathy's house on Thursday for a meal good enough to be talked about all year long! Kathy spends weeks making homemade chocolates and candies for the big day and I can never get enough. Don't even get me started about the chocolate covered raspberries! (You know me, I'm such a health nut I
insist on starting things out with fruit) To our surprise my cousin's wife walked in with a beautiful birthday cake for Korinne. Apparently her sister decorates cakes and they were thoughtful enough to arrange to have a cake made for Korinne. She loved it and we had a fun little party for her after the Thanksgiving feast.

The Price family has a long standing tradition of going bowling on Thanksgiving night. We have a girls and guys competition. The winner gets a traveling trophy and bragging rights for an entire year. This year all of the kids even got to make their own bowling shirts. Here is Jenna and Adam working on her shirt.

You can imagine our shock and horror when we arrived at the bowling alley only to find that they were full and had a long wait. What?! Didn't they know
WE were coming and that we have been doing this for almost 20 years!?! We tried to go to the other bowling alley in town only to be turned down again. Unbelievable. We had no choice but to return to my Aunt's house and eat as many leftovers as we possibly could. It helped to soften the blow considerably. The competition soon became one of darts instead of bowling and I know at least a few of the guys had sore arms the next day. It was intense and involved the same 'high level 'of competition with all of the usual trash talking. I, for one, discovered that I am the worst dart player ever! I mean really, how many times can you completely miss the dart board all together and still be included in the game?? They kept having me move closer (totally embarrassing), but I don't think it made much of a difference. Adam did well, but then again he always does well in bowling too. . .perhaps the two are related in some way.

We did take the kids bowling the next day, and they got to wear their bowling shirts. Our numbers were reduced, but Adam beat the rest of the guys there and I'm sure I came in last on the girls side. So, not much has changed. :-)
We are a little sad over Utah losing to BYU yesterday. We raced home to watch the game and Adam was sportin' his Utah polo shirt, but alas, it was not to be. We have recovered so it's all good. (I knew you were worried) It was a great holiday and Korinne loves being 2.
1 comment:
My brother Taylor just called to "set the record straight." Apparently HE was the one who ended up winning the men's bowling title and not Adam as was previously posted. As you can see, this is VERY serious business among members of the Price clan. :-)
Post a Comment