Ok, I'll give this a try.
1) I've lived in 6 different US states (and if you want to get technical another 2 states in Brazil)
2) I don't love ketchup. I'll eat it if someone hands me something with it in it, but given the choice I opt out of applying ketchup to any food creation. (To those ketchup lovers who just gasped, sorry, but I do love a good dose of mustard!)
3) I have a birthmark on the back of my left calf. I only say this because during a big extended family trip to California to attend my sister's wedding a few years ago every member of my family at one point on the trip said something like, "Hil, what is that on the back of your leg?" Umm, a birthmark and it has been there my entire life. They all seemed really surprised though I don't know why. I spent a good deal of my teen years in running shorts and it was right there in front of their faces.
4) On the night of my Jr. Prom I was involved in a high speed car chase in downtown SLC. We were in a Limo and while stopped at a traffic light a car of teenage boys next to us shot a paintball gun into the Limo and it got all over the interior. The Limo driver got mad and took off after the car of punk kids who did it. It was totally out of our control but the driver was flipping U's and we were flying all around in the back of the car. He tried the run the other car off the road, etc. We were just looking at each other trying to figure out what to do. Definitely an interesting experience. Sure made for a good story at school the next week (and you know me, I'm always looking for a good story. :-)
5) I put myself through college "makin' copies" at 2 copy centers on the USU campus. It was the best college job ever! I never worked nights or weekends and pretty much got paid to do my homework.
6) I love Charleston chews. You know, the candy bar popular in the 80's that you can only find at a dollar store or Wal-mart? Yeah, those are the ones. I love em!
7) I like being in places that are humid. After living in Brazil and Georgia I got to where I really liked humidity. Unfortunately my current location does nothing to indulge my preference for humid places. O'well, it's all good.
There you go, 7 random things about me. Now its your turn!
2 comments:
Thanks for the new Hil-dog scoop. I only knew one of them. I remember visiting you a time or two at the copy center on campus. Everything else was new to me. I think you're crazy to love the humidity. I do like how healthy my hair and skin feel in humid climates. The dry winter air kills me!
I loved these random things and have to say that the prom chase is still my favorite after all these years. Sure fun to read about you and your cute family.
Emily
Post a Comment