And then Adam threw me a curve ball.
"I think it would be good for Jenna to do Infinity, too." One child in competition soccer is do-able, two children is insanity. Half of the practices are across town and there is quite a bit of travel involved for tournaments and games. After many discussions I caved. Jenna was thrilled, Adam was pleased, and I was slightly depressed at what I had just gotten myself into.
Now we are a month and a half into our new adventure and the ironic part of it all is that Jenna's team is up and running, has a lot of Jenna's friends on it and plenty of nearby people to carpool with and is actually a really good team. Britton's team has had only 1 practice and there is only 1 boy who lives close by to carpool with (and this boy wasn't really liking it so I wonder if he will stick with it) and Britton doesn't know anyone on the team. Wait, it wasn't supposed to be like this.
Yesterday was the start of the first local tournament with teams from all over the valley. Britton's team isn't even playing in the tournament because they weren't ready. Jenna's team has made it to the semi-finals by winning their first 2 games.
One thing about Jenna is that she loves being involved. It doesn't really matter how she does on the field, just being part of the team thrills her. She has been more aggressive and has played better than I've seen her play, so that is good. It also helps that they have about 5 or 6 girls on their team that are really good. The final 2 games of the tournament are on Saturday. They will have an early game and if they win that they will play for the championship, if they lose they will play for the consolation bracket.
Jenna. . . . competition soccer. . . . .I really didn't see this one coming.
1 comment:
Congratulations, Jenna! Wish we had made it to a game.
Post a Comment