Saturday, July 16, 2011
Champion
Our first soccer tournament is over and wouldn't you know it, Jenna's team won their age group. They won the semi-final game at 8:00 a.m. this morning and then won the Championship at 1:30 this afternoon. It's a good little group of girls and I have to admit it is fun to watch them play.
Each girl on the team received their own trophy for coming in at 1st place.
Jenna was on cloud nine. One of the other girls on the team is having a victory party at her house tonight so she is off celebrating the big win.
A few nights ago Adam was in the backyard playing a pick-up game of soccer with the kids. If Korinne plays soccer she MUST be in the proper outfit even if it is just in our yard. Here she is ready to play soccer with Dad:
The fact that she even has her own soccer uniform (having never actually played on a team) is a little silly, but last year when Adam when to buy uniforms for Britton and Jenna he had Korinne with him, too, and didn't want her to feel left so he bought her one. Obviously I wasn't with him or I would have put a stop to that. I'm glad the uniform at least gets some use in even if it is just in the yard and as pajamas occasionally.
She was pretty excited when she scored a goal on Dad.
Britton declared "soccer is my passion". Good to know, son.
They played outside for quite awhile so I went out and sat on the grass to watch. I forget how awesome grass is around these parts until I have visitors from out of state who remind me how crappy grass is in so many other areas of the country. I was feeling grateful for our great grass and took this picture.
Korinne took pictures during Jenna's championship game. I'll end with a few of those.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Jenna!
Congrats on the big win! Utah grass is lovely, much better than ours.. The grass at our last place(you know, where we lived yesterday...haha) was nasty. In our new neighborhood the grass really is greener! We're looking forward to playing with the kids on it.
Great Job!!!!
Grandpa
Congratulations, Jenna. Great job on the photos, Korinne. I like your grass too!
Post a Comment