Who doesn't love the 4th of July? After all of our late nights at Adam's family reunion we opted to sleep in on the 4th, but no worries our local parade didn't start until noon. Phew. The day was overcast and the weather for the parade was PERFECT. I love our local parade because it is a little quirky. After years of going to big city parades and little small town flare is always appreciated.
Seriously, a homemade banana bread mini-loaf. I'm not making this stuff up. We had already unwrapped it and cut a piece when I realized I had forgotten to take a picture. Anyone else ever received homemade baked goods thrown from a float at a 4th of July parade? I didn't think so.
The kids had so much candy from the parade it was starting to feel a little like Halloween. A few of my siblings on their way to B.L. for the P family reunion stopped by for some lunch after the parade and my brother McKay and his family who currently live in Pennsylvania arrived in the evening and stayed overnight at our house. The kids had a great view of the fireworks from their bedroom windows and it ended up being a fun (and very late) night. My kids were able to get to know their Pennsylvania cousins whom they haven't seen in over 2 years.
Yes, we are Proud to be American! Happy Birthday America!
No comments:
Post a Comment