Saturday, June 25, 2011

30 lbs?

Last Sunday was Father's day.  After church Korinne handed me a paper she filled out during her primary class with the help of her teachers.  As she gave it to me she said something like, "I don't know how tall Dad is or anything" with a sheepish smile.  I'm sure her teachers smiled when she gave her answers to the following questions:


Wow.  70 years old, 80 ft tall and 30 lbs. That's quite the combo.  At least she knew she was probably a little off on her calculations.

Cousin June was born this week and Korinne couldn't get enough of holding her.

Every time I would ask her if she was done holding baby June she would shake her head and say, "not yet."  Korinne loves babies.

Britton and Jenna have been passing off some weird sickness to each other.  On Wednesday Britton said he felt really tired and went upstairs and fell asleep for 4 hours during the middle of the day.  Clearly he was sick because he just doesn't do that kind of stuff.  He said he felt fine when he woke up.  The next day Jenna said she stomach hurt and she was really tired. She ended up sleeping most of the day but said she felt better when she woke up.  I figured we were all done with it and took the kids to soccer practice the next morning at 9 a.m. across town.  By the time we arrived Jenna was ready to play and Britton was laying down in the back of the van saying that he was really tired and didn't feel the best.  So Jenna stayed and played soccer for a few hours and I took Britton home to sleep, which he did for a good part of the day.  Well, wouldn't you know it, Britton has been fine all day today but Jenna has now been asleep for about 18 hours, waking up only twice during that time to ask for some cold water. (She went to bed at 10 last night and it is now after 4:00 in the afternoon.)

Weird.

If the pattern continues then I should expect Britton to all of the sudden not feel well tomorrow and proceed to sleep all day.  Hey, if they are going to be sick then I pick the kind of sickness where all they do is sleep all day!  In fact, I wouldn't mind coming down with it myself.

4 comments:

larah said...

I love how Korrine described Adam. At least she was spot on when it came to the sport he most enjoys! Cute.

Malinda said...

I don't want to be sick, but I could use 18 hours of sleep. That sounds blissful.

Tiffany Salter said...

Hope the kids are feeling better. I don't know what kind of flu that is.

Tiffany Salter said...

That last post was Kristen. I didn't know Tiffany had logged in on my computer.