Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three's a crowd

Last night I went out to check on my kids outside just before 8 p.m.  The sun was still shining and it felt like mid-afternoon.  It took me about 3.2 sec. to realize that there was much ado in the circle.  The kids had captured a snake. And it wasn't a little snake either, it was a super de dooper big snake.  The likes of which should never be found in a residential neighborhood!


The only thing more exciting than finding 1 super sized snake roaming in the neighborhood is finding another one just like it.


And the only thing more exciting than finding 2 super sized snakes roaming the circle, is finding yet another one just a few moments later.


If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.  In 15 min. 3 large snakes were found in the street by our circle.  We think they were leaving an empty lot at the edge of the cul-de-sac that just had the weeds chopped down yesterday.  The kids took all three snakes up the hill by the mountain and let them go, but not without scaring a few of the Moms before they went.  There is nothing like the panicked scream of a Mom being approached with a huge snake.  Fortunately I don't really have a fear of snakes.  I don't seek them out, of course, but it doesn't bother me to know they are around and live close by.  I'd much rather have snakes then mice or other rodents.

6 comments:

Kaylynn said...

3 snakes, 3 big snakes I hope they don't come and curl up in your award winning garden or under your trampoline.

Malinda said...

Those are big snakes! You should keep them around and then you wouldn't have to worry about mice and other rodents.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Yuck. We have lots of snakes around us and I don't enjoy that. They are great when I don't see them, but unfortunately they don't stay hidden!

larah said...

OK, So I would totally be one of those moms that would freak out. Glad to know that there are moms out there who can keep their cool when snakes are found.

Heather said...

Did you hear about the 'snake house' in national news from around our parts? It's a frightening tale/tail... just say no to big snakes in the neighborhood:)

Tiffany Salter said...

Fortunately those kind of snakes kill rattlesnakes so when you have them around you don't have to worry about a rattlesnake surprise. Steve told me that information.
Kristen