Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Looney Fest


I finished another crazy Wasatch Back relay race. It was a lot of fun and yes, my legs are as white as ever.  Not only is our camera card still not working in our computer, but now we can't even find our camera!  So, this is the only picture I have of the experience.  It will just have to live in my mind, I guess.

Adam did not run with our team this year.  He has an injury that kept him from training so he decided to pull out. This meant that he stayed home with the kids and partied during the 2 day race.  They went to Summerfest and went swimming and to be honest I don't think they even  noticed I was gone. They did manage to make it to SLC to pick me up after the race.  We made it home at 10:15 p.m. Saturday night and after only getting 3 hours of sleep the previous night, running a combined 11 miles uphill with 15 miles overall, I was one tired girl.

My brother Taylor and his family stayed with us last week while they waited for the arrival of their 2nd child.  Jen had baby June yesterday morning and everyone is doing well.  The kids have enjoyed having their young cousin Will around.  They are really good to play and entertain him for long periods of time.  Now that June is here they can start the paperwork so they can all return to China on July 10th.

5 comments:

larah said...

Glad to see you had a good time running the race. It all sounds crazy to me.

Kristen said...

We did have a lot of fun while you were running your heart out. Congratulations on a job well done. We missed you though. Honest.

Heather said...

Thanks for running a mile for me :) Good job!

Kaylynn said...

I was wondering if you ran Wasatch Back again this year. My sister did it this year. She had tons of fun. Good luck finding your camera.

Jenny said...

I'm not gonna lie...I really missed being a Cho Mama this year. I hope you had as much fun as we did last year! And I hope you were just as safe!