Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer

I've learned something about myself.  If I can blog on my own time it gets done. If my computer stops recognizing my photo card and I have to upload pictures only from Adam's computer when he isn't working, well then it doesn't get done.  Hey, when Adam isn't working, I don't want to be working on the computer either.  This could be a problem.  Last time my computer did this it just started working again randomly after a month or two.  I'm kind of hoping that is what happens because if it doesn't I'm toast (and so is my blog, frankly).

I'm a fan of Memorial Day.  I'm NOT a fan of waking up to snow on Memorial Day.  There is just something wrong with this combination.


The kids finished school last Thursday and partied all day long.  Korinne went to a birthday party in the morning while the kids were finishing school. She and her BFF came home with butterfly faces.


Fast forward 6 hours and you can imagine Korinne riding around our circle on a bike that was too small for her with her hair wild and crazy and paint on her face all while wearing striped pants.  Yeah, she looked just like a clown in training.
Our neighbor rented a bounce house for the birthday party and an after school party for her older kids.  My kids were in heaven.  I hung out at the party with other Moms and everyone brought treats to share which meant that I was in heaven.  It was a little cooler than usual and it threatened to rain all day so it didn't quite feel like it was the last day of school.  I took this picture of the mountains because it is not normal to have this much snow in the mountains during the first week of June.

Britton was thrilled to be out of school.  Jenna, not so much.  Every time we talked about school getting out she would yell out, "Boo!" She was kidding, of course, but she loves school.  Next school year can't start soon enough for Jenna.

With school out I sprang into action and when the dust cleared I had a fancy shmancy summer chore chart and a schedule all set.  We are on day 5 of summer vacation and I'm happy to report that all is well.  Now let's hope I can still say that on day 45ish.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm still working on my chore chart and schedule. Don't know why it's always the 'last thing on my list'...

Kaylynn said...

No chore charts and schedules for me this year. We only have 2 months of summer, and in that 2 months we have girls camp, scout camp, basketball camp, 3 week vacation to Utah to 3 family reunions, and horse camp. The other 3 days we are going to just hang out. Hope you have a great summer. No more snow.

Malinda said...

We just started a new chore chart too. I love the first week when they are actually excited about it.

You crack me up Kaylynn . . . "the other 3 days." What a busy summer!