Thursday, February 10, 2011

Something

I just don't feel like I have a lot to blog about lately but I know it has been awhile since I've made a post so I'll try to write something.

Korinne went to her 5 year old Dr. check-up to get the rest of her shots so she can register for Kindergarten next year.  I keep Korinne on a "need-to-know" basis when it comes to Dr. visits and shots.  The mere mention of either of those words will send her into a complete panic so I told her about the Dr. 5 minutes before leaving. The first words out of her mouth were, "Do I have to get a flu shot?" (imagine puppy dog eyes, a trembling lip and a tear starting to form in her right eye)  I told her the truth--she did not have to get a flu shot, but, of course, I may have neglected to tell her at that time that she would be getting 3 other shots. Oops. This time I got smart and brought Adam along for moral support.  She is such a Daddy's girl and I knew she may not get through the traumatic experience without him. When it came to the moment of truth it took both of us to hold her down.  Needless to say she is VERY happy she won't have to get any more shots until the 7th grade.

We haven't had a lot of snow this year.  It has been kind of weird hearing about these crazy snow storms around the country and then looking outside at my grass in January.  Where I live that is highly unusual for this time of year.  Adam is happy because he has been in charge of snow removal at the church since Jan 1st. Boy, did he ever luck out.

Britton's piano is coming right along and Jenna is really enjoying her violin lessons.  She goes twice a week for an hour at a time and then has group lessons 2 times a month.  That is a total of 10 hours of music instruction for $55.00/ mo.  Her teacher must teach for the love of teaching because that, my friends, is highway robbery!  Jenna LOVES it and every time I pick her up she talks about how great it is.  Fortunately for me it is only a street away so I'm not running her around every afternoon.

Jenna got invited to a Justin Beiber party tomorrow.  Yes, Justin Beiber. I guess he has a movie coming out?? Anyway, her friend invited all of her friends to the theater so they can watch the movie together tomorrow after school.  You have no idea how happy I was to hear Jenna say, "I don't get the Justin Beiber thing, but we're going to have ice cream!!" That's right, Jenna, let's just focus on the ice cream.

11 years ago today Adam and I got engaged. Woohoo!

Ok, that is all I can think to write about. We're just doing the school, church, and life thing.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am totally jealous about Jenna's violin lessons...twice a week for an hour! Wow--that is a seriously awesome deal. Brinley has 3-30 minute lessons a month and a group lesson once a month for much MORE $$! You've got a good thing going:)

Kristen said...

I'm so happy that you and Adam got engaged 11 years ago. I think that you are married to a peach of a guy. Happy Engagement Anniversay!

Malinda said...

"You don't have to get a flu shot." That is classic!

Nate and I are celebrating our engagement anniversary tomorrow. Any excuse for donuts in the morning and a fun date works for me. :)