Sunday, February 20, 2011

LOL


On Friday night Adam, my Dad and I went to see Brian Regan here in town.  He is one of my favorite comedians it was so fun to see him live.  One thing I really appreciate about him is that he is absolutely hilarious yet he keeps his act clean.  He is living proof that it can be done. His comedy is about everyday stuff that most anyone can relate to.  There were a lot of young people at his show, but there were also a lot of older people, too.  He had 4 shows in 2 nights and they were all sold out and our town really isn't that big.  I bought the tickets in December and still had to settle for the 10:30 p.m. show.  That's right, it didn't even start until 10:30 p.m. but it was well worth the loss of sleep. My Mom was nice to stay at the house with the sleeping kids while we went to the show.  Here is an example of some Brian Regan humor:

"Inventions intrigue me, I was reading about the Walkie Talkie and I read it was a military invention, that surprised me, usually military stuff has strong names you know Apache Helicopter, Tomahawk missile. ...Walkie Talkie? How did that slip through the system? Was a general talking to some guy, "What do you have there soldier?" Well it's a new communication device that's untethered which will enable the troops to speak effectively when they're in the field. "What's it called?" WALKIE TALKIE. Look I'm walkie and I'm talkie. Now you walkie and talkie general. I'm walkie and talkie, are you walkie and talkie? "I like it solder, what's this explosive device?" The Wammy Kablammy and this is the Rooty Tooty Aim and Shooty."

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Hurray for clean comedians. Mostly I am just impressed that you stayed up until midnight! :)