At this very moment there is a very good chance that my children are somewhere in the house eating candy. My philosophy on Halloween candy is to let them have at it. The faster it is gone, the faster life can return to normal. It's kind of like ripping off a band-aid, you've got to just do it quickly. If my children are anything like me (and they are) in another day or two it will all be gone and we can start looking forward to Thanksgiving.
This year I would like to thank my next door neighbor, Tammy, for providing our costumes. A chance meeting at the mailbox a few weeks ago certainly saved me a lot of time and money. She has some costumes her kids had outgrown and offered them to us. Britton was more than willing to be a pirate and surprisingly Jenna was thrilled at the prospect of being a vampire girl. Korinne was happy to use the one and only costume I have ever purchased --Cinderella, which has been well used in our house over the years.
Britton's eyes start to water the minute you pull out a camera. He doesn't even have to see a flash anymore, his eyes have been conditioned to water at the mere mention of the flash. Here he is trying to keep his one eye open--he wasn't too successful.
Ahoy, Matey!
We got a little crazy with Jenna's hair, but she loved it.
Jenna putting on her black lipstick.
I remember thinking that I hope this is the only time I will ever witness Jenna putting on black lipstick. It was pretty ugly.
The Vampiress
My pretty little Cinderella.
I personally haven't dressed up for Halloween since I went to "The Howl" at USU in 1995. I was even a little proud of my "bah-humbug" ways, but this year I thought that I might as well try and be a little festive and wear orange and black to our ward Halloween party yesterday afternoon. I asked Adam, "Do I have anything orange?" He laughed and said, "Um, Hello! You have a ton of orange running stuff!" Very true. My Wasatch Back team's signature color is bright orange so I had the idea to wear my running clothes. Since I was already in my running clothes I figured I could just pin a racing number on the front and go as a runner. Adam had the same get-up and we even had matching his and hers bright orange running headbands so this year we broke my 15 year non-dressing up streak by going to the party as Ragnar Runners.
I promise Adam was more excited than he looks in this picture!
Adam even wore a flashing tail light on the back of his headband to add to our Ragnar authenticity. Since we have a ton of ward members who run the race every year I'm sure they appreciated our commitment to safety. The kids had a great time at the trunk or treat. It started raining just as we were finishing and the kids were fine to not even go through our own neighborhood, but then it stopped raining and they did go out again. I say better rain than snow (only because I know that Adam will be the one outside with the kids, of course).
I love that Korinne is still young enough to want to give me all of her chocolate. In fact, I think I hear an Almond Joy calling my name. . .
4 comments:
WAHOO! I'm so excited to see you being festive for Halloween. 15 years is long enough for a bah humbug run. Glad you broke out of it. Your kids look great. Thank everything for cool neighbors.
Looks like you all had a great time! I liked all of the costumes.
I am so proud of you for breaking the 15 year streak! You looked great, and so did your kids!
I have to chuckle at your last sentence... My kids know that the first thing they have to do when they get home from trick-or-treating is go through their candy and give all the Almond Joys to Mom and Dad. This year we each got 1 1/2 snack sized bars. Kind of disappointing!
Post a Comment