Sunday, October 3, 2010

Coach Adam


Once again Adam is coaching both Britton's and Jenna's soccer teams.  So far we have only had 2 games that were being played at the same time and required Adam to get a coach sub for one of the teams, and only a few times have we had to leave one game early to get to other game in time. For the most part it has gone smoothly.

Adam has never professed to know very much about soccer, but for years all that was really required was to point the kids in the right direction and make sure there were treats and the end of the game.  Now that Britton has moved to an older bracket where they have one or two 11 yr olds on the team he feels like he actually has to coach them.  Thanks to the Internet and a handy dandy clip board he has really come into his coaching role.  Both teams are doing very well. Even so, Adam has decided that this will probably be the last time he can coach Britton's team. They have outgrown his "skills" in the coaching arena.  It's ok, though, because Korinne is waiting in the wings and will be starting soccer in the spring. He will be so relieved to just point the kids in the right direction and make sure the treats are coming once again!

I've never been very great at soccer picture taking. Even if I do have my camera (which is rare) I just don't think to take pictures.  One day I just handed it over to Korinne and figured something was better than nothing.  She felt honored and started snapping away.



 She actually got some really good shots so when I saw them I started to think that maybe I had taken them and just forgot about it, and then I got to this next one and was reminded all over again that it was very much Korinne that was in charge of the camera that day.


Thanks to the most AWESOME month of weather EVER the games have been an absolute joy to sit through.  Seriously, the best September on record!  I really feel like I got an extra month of summer, but I understand that it is all going to change tomorrow.  O'well, we knew it couldn't last forever.


Jenna with her lucky number 7.

Jenna has certainly surprised me when it comes to soccer.  She was such a girly girl that we never signed her up for soccer until last spring.  I thought she would only last 1 season, but she absolutely loves it.  They have a girls league so she never had to play with the boys, I think that has certainly helped.  She really loves being in the middle of all of the action.

It was Jenna that made it to all of the big football games this last week in our area.  On Thursday night there was a big rivalry game between 2 local high schools and she had a friend from school call and invite her to go with her and her family, and then the very next night she and Adam went to a big game between our local university and a well known university to the south.  It was the biggest ticket of the season and Britton decided to let Jenna go--he knew his attention span just wasn't equal to an entire football game.  We haven't beat this other team since 1993 and not only did we beat them on Friday night, but we dominated the entire game!  It was a great night to be an Aggie.  It is true, Jenna does have a longer attention span. She had great time.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

It was a great night to be an Aggie! Congrats to the northerners. Wow, I'm impressed with Korinne's ability with the camera. Those are better than mine--even the flip flops photo. You may have started something.

Smilin' sunshine said...

That was a GREAT game!! Such an exciting night to be an Aggies fan!!!

Malinda said...

The first thing that Nate did when he started coaching Ben's team was buy a clipboard. His even has a whiteboard soccer field on the back so he can draw out plays. :)

I was at that game in '93. They sold t-shirts the next week with the score printed on them because it was such a big deal. Go Aggies!

Jeff & Liberty said...

We knew Adam would be at the game. We enjoyed watching it from home and were happy with the result!