Last week was the "national day of rejoicing" a.k.a. my birthday. It was great. My first thoughts on turning 34? I definitely feel wiser. Definitely. Go ahead, ask me a thought provoking question. You will be amazed by my new found wisdom.
It's always fun to see what Adam comes up with for my birthday. This year he didn't disappoint. I heard him get up early and I thought to myself, "What is he up to?" I had visions of cinnamon rolls for breakfast (which would be very Adam-esque) but was surprised with this when I reached the kitchen:
Homemade and completely from scratch donuts! Wow. I didn't see that one coming. Oh boy, they were goooooood! (If you have ever eaten Adam's homemade rolls or cinnamon rolls you will know what I'm talking about.) Years ago Britton came into my room early one Mother's Day morning so excited he could hardly speak, "Dad made cinnamon rolls and they are so big and fluffy and (this is the real kicker) nothing like yours, Mom!" Slam. It's ok. I can take it. We all know Adam is much more patient than me. When it comes to dough that you have to raise, punch down and raise again it's all Adam.
I won't mind getting older if I can wake up to this every year. Fresh and warm donuts are to die for! (Besides, calories don't count on your birthday. Remember?)
This last weekend the kids had a great time at the Pumpkin Walk with Grandma.
Cute kid, I am.
You've got a friend in me.
Britton Potter
This display centered around the Constitution--yeah, Grandma HAD to get a picture of this one. Adam assigned "God Bless America" as her ringtone on his phone. We know she is calling when we hear "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free" coming from his phone. It just fits.
On Monday night Adam and the kids carved our pumpkin. They decided to go all fancy shmancy. Here is the finished product.
Just in case you can't see what it is supposed to be I turned out the lights.
Britton helped by poking small holes in the top of the pumpkin.
I took a few pictures and called it good. Yup, I am just that festive.
4 comments:
Great pics! Great pumpkin! 34 was my best year yet! I see great (and yummy) things in your future!
Enjoy!
I miss the pumpkin walk! Happy National Day of Rejoicing!!! Those doughnuts look incredible! you need to post the recipe!
Happy Birthday Hilary! Gald that you had warm doughnuts to wake up to! They looked yummy.
I loved the the pumpkin and the pumpkin walk. Maybe next year I'll be there for the doughnuts. Lucky you! Yes we did rejoice.
Post a Comment