Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Breaking our Fall

Oops, has it really been 16 days since my last post? Time flies.

Every year during Red Ribbon week at the school they have a "crazy hair" day.  Jenna loved it, Britton was embarrassed the minute I showed him his hair in the mirror.  "I don't like crazy hair day, it makes me feel weird."  Britton is kind of a straight arrow kid that way.  He can't figure out why boys would spike their hair on purpose and wear it to school.

Jenna was all smiles after I finished her ponytail do.




This is the about as wild and crazy as Britton ever gets. (You can tell by his facial expression how thrilled he was about it.)



We've started a new thing with Britton.  For every minute he practices the piano he gets a minute of TV or wii time.  Needless to say his piano skills are improving dramatically.  He has been known to practice for up to 45 min. to an hour a day. Why didn't we think of this before??

Here he is catching a few minutes of practice before he leaves for school.


Last week we went down south for UEA to visit grandparents and family.  The kids had a fabulous time. The weather was great, we got to visit both Grammie and Grandma Great, and played, played, played.  We went to our first corn maze and managed to take a few pictures only to discover that our lens needs a good washing.

(No, it wasn't snowing, our lens was really that dirty.)


The redneck trampoline made me giggle.  I tried not to think about how incredibly dirty the mattresses were because the kids were having so much fun.



It was dark when we started the maze so we decided to go to the level 2 part of the maze.  Britton and some cousins went with the level 4 part.  They decided to always "choose the right" and made it out in good time.  In fact, they beat us out!




Riding the "horses".



The petting zoo. Fortunately Aunt Bethany was never far away with the hand sanitizer, or as Korinne calls it "hanitizier"



Korinne was too busy to be scared about getting sick and I'm happy to report that none of us got so much as a cold. Phew.

I keep meaning to write about another one of Korinne's fears--the washing machine. For several months every time I start a load of laundry (which is often) she starts crying and puts her hands over her ears. "No, No, Mom, don't start it! I don't like to hear it!"  So now whenever I do laundry I have to turn music on (from inside the laundry room) and turn it up so loud that you can't hear the washer or dryer.  The CD we have been using lately is David Archuletta and I think we know every word to every song.  Like I said, we do a lot of laundry.  Between the constant piano practicing and the blaring music coming from our laundry room I'd say it is good we don't share walls with any neighbors.  It's really amazing that Adam can work from home and not be bothered in the least.

The falls leaves are GORGEOUS!  I love this time of year!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Love the piano practicing idea! I'll have to try it!
I'm also considering putting my mattress outside and charging kids in town to come and jump on it.
Great ideas! Thanks!

Kristen said...

You've got some good things going there. Keep having fun!

Kaylynn said...

Lucy says "hanitizer" too. Any big races coming up?

Jenn S said...

Cute kiddos! They really make me laugh...and your stories about them are so funny! I don't love crazy hair day either, so tell Britton that he is not alone....but worse than crazy hair day is pajama day....that one is the worst (I think). I mean, why would one go to school in jammies....yuck!

Very cute blog Hillary!