Monday, September 22, 2008

We made it

A big THANK YOU to all of the many who turned out to help us move. We really appreciate it! Now that we are in our new house my brain is on "organizational overload." Seriously, I think I need to lay down for a minute and let my brain rest. My sister Heather would be proud, I've been a labeling fool!

Place for the kids to keep their school papers? check
Designated spot for the wooden spoons and can opener? check
Jenna's socks and tights divided and organized? check
Music CD's organized and labeled? check
My sanity? lost, but soon to be found. . . I hope.

Yesterday I was trying to get the kids up early and ready for church and every 2 seconds I thought of something I needed that wasn't unpacked yet. I was so flustered after finding a slip to go under my skirt and then "losing" it while I was searching for some nylons I finally just thought to myself, "Fine, I'll just have to not wear a slip today! Double Grrr" only to realize when I started putting on my nylons that I had put the slip on when I found it, which is why I couldn't find it again. I think you are getting the point here. Saturday night it took us 20 min. to find a package of Korinne's diapers that were literally sitting on the table in front of our faces. We looked in every nook and cranny before seeing the obvious. Ahh, the joys of moving.

On another note, the kids participated in the Primary Program with the new ward yesterday and did such a good job! The primary is MUCH larger in this ward, but we made sure they had their parts ready and they were able to jump right in. I kind of felt like I was in Stake Conference, but really our ward is just a LOT bigger. We were in the back of the gym on folding chairs. I think they are going to be splitting the ward again in the spring.

I love love love my house, but don't worry I still miss my friends.

7 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

You gotta love the moving process! I have felt the same way over the last several months!

Congrats on making it there! I would love to see pictures of the new house!

Malinda said...

I'm impressed that you already have your computer set up and are posting (with a picture) 3 days after the move. I'm excited to see pictures of your new house. The last time I saw it, it was just a hole in the ground.

Kate said...

Gotta love that slip story! That is hilarious! Well, just remember you are missed here too. I bet your new house is awesome - enjoy it!

Tay and Jen said...

I love your house too. You've already decorated it so well. Good job. Heather would be proud of your labeling;)

The Ostheds said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new house! We are going to miss you guys!

Camille said...

Good to hear you are getting settled. I was just thinking about the ward party tonight and I was missing you thinking about who would be the first to get up and dish up and get things moving. Happy unpacking!

Tricia said...

Hey Hilary!

Yeah! You got moved out and moved in! Congrats! And now. . . labeling? Does the fun ever end? I am jealous of your new view. I'm glad the kids are settling in. I'm looking forward to our primary presentation - esp. since I am not in charge of it this year. I'm sure you know what I mean. Well. . . have fun labeling and arranging and rearranging and labeling some more!