Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ahhh

I didn't realize how much I was going to love the views of CV from our house. This picture doesn't do it justice. I love being able to look outside at any minute during the day and see the valley. We didn't see our first sunset here until after we were moved in, now it is definitely my favorite time of the day.
Ok, let me get this out of the way. Driving in a small town kind of stresses me out. "What?", you say. Let me explain. I've spent the last 8 + years of my living driving in Atlanta, and Salt Lake City. Every intersection that is not in a neighborhood pretty much has a stoplight and yes, there are always cars going the other way. Here in P there aren't stoplights at any of the intersections and each one has its own thing--one is a 4 way stop, the next is only a 2 way, the next has one direction yielding to the other, the next is a 2 way going the other way. . . no rhyme, no reason. Enter city driver. Each intersection I come upon leaves me frantically looking at who has a stop or yield sign and if I have the right of way surely there is someone coming the other direction and are they going to know to stop?! (there never is someone going the other direction which still seems weird to me) Ever since last April when I was visiting CV and failed to yield correctly at one such intersection I have been panicked. (Nothing happened, but still. . .) Turning left on Redwood Rd during rush hour? No problem. But, driving through 5 empty intersections in P and my heart rate is up. Let's hope this doesn't last.
The kids have adjusted really well to their new school. In our neighborhood they ride the bus and Jenna loves the novelty of it all. It is nice to have them both in the same school. I'm happy with both of their teachers and I think the transition has gone well.
Tonight I went out front to check on the kids and found Korinne playing on the front step with her trusty "puter" and cell phone. It doesn't even work, that is what is so funny. We don't have a yard right now so I guess I'm just happy that she chose something besides rolling around in the dirt (which she has been known to do, by the way.)


4 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I always felt the same way driving around "P". There are definitely some random intersections there. I'm sure we had random ones in our "CV" town but I guess I was use to them.

Smilin' sunshine said...

We now live in a small town and I am loving it! It is very different than Redwood Rd. or even Erickson for that matter. We rarely have cars in our circle. It is great!

Congrats on settling in!

Sonia Lopreiato Piros said...

Saudades de você!
Hoje falei com Sister Rudd, tão bom, tantas saudades!!!
Amo você amiga ,irmã americana!
Sempre!

Tay and Jen said...

You should come and drive here in Shanghai. There are plenty of stop lights but there are no guarentees as to what is really going to happen. You would also think that being on the sidwalk would make you safe from traffic..not so. Sidewalks are fair game.