Monday, September 8, 2008

Moving Forward

The people buying our house closed on the house they were selling last Friday, so things are looking good for a trouble free closing on this house next Monday. We will be loading our truck on Thursday the 18th at 6 p.m. (Just throwing out a time in case any of you locals want to join the party) and then we will unload the truck at our new house on Friday, the 19th at 6 p.m. (It will be a party, I KNOW you want to come!) The kids will be able to finish out the week of school and then start at their new school the next Monday morning.

This is what our garage is looking like these days:


Looks like fun, doesn't it? It has been awhile since I've moved. I'm kind of out of practice. Growing up I used to move every other year, at least. I've lived in this house longer than I've lived anywhere since I was 13 years old. Crazy.

Korinne has all of the sudden developed an opinion about clothes. She doesn't really know what she likes, she only knows that she doesn't like anything that I pick out for her to wear. This is code for--she just wants to have a little fun at my expense every single day. She laughs. Me? Not so much. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but she is such a character!

9 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

Good luck with all of that. It is at moments like these that I am so happy to live out of state. :)

Tay and Jen said...

we are pretty much the coolest people ever for changing our flights to help you move....wow...what a sibling.

Malinda said...

That picture is exactly why I plan on growing old in this house. Okay, so it's not the only reason, but it is a big one. Good luck with your move. I hope your kids love their new school.

Kate said...

Sign us up -- well, at least LaVon -- for the 18th! We are going to miss you guys. Your new neighborhood and ward are sure lucky to have you.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Having just gone through that myself, I don't envy the work ahead of you. Best of luck! It's exciting!

Anonymous said...

você está se mudando??? puxa primeiro que eu, hehe!!!
Acho que ainda vou demorar uns 2 meses pra conseguir ir pra nova casa!
Boa sorte aí!
bjo

Sharon said...

Good luck on your move! I wish we were closer so I could come and help out!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

It is always a relief when closing day is near and things are looking good! Congratulations on your big move. I know you will LOVE Cache Valley!

EBD said...

Good luck with the move! I am so glad things are lining up so well for you! Maybe I'll send Dan over for old memories's sake - I think he said he helped with lots of your moves!