Thursday, October 25, 2007

Star Student

Britton was the Star Student for his Kindergarten class this month and got an award at a school assembly today. The school called on Monday to tell me, but it was supposed to be a surprise so Britton didn't know about it until they called his name. The assembly was in the afternoon so I had to take him back to the school after the bus dropped him off from morning kindergarten. I told him we had to go back for a meeting and he didn't even question it. He was positively beaming when they called him up for the award. It was a proud moment for him.
Yesterday I heard Britton telling one of his friends, "Yeah, my nickname is Billy Bob." I just starting laughing on the inside. I called him that when he started losing all of his teeth, but I guess he really took it to heart. Jenna still thinks her middle name is Benna. During the same conversation I heard her say, "Well, MY full name is Jenna Benna Campbell!" Hmmm, I wonder when we should break the news to her. . .