
This, my friends, is what you call a serious case of bedhead! It happened about 6 months ago and I was so impressed that a pillow and a little sleep could result in such a hairstyle I took pictures before I attempted to comb it through. I try and keep it combed even when she won't let me do anything cute with it. The longer it gets the harder it is to keep on top of it.Exactly 1 year ago yesterday before Adam and I went to bed we went and checked on all of the kids as usual. When Adam got to Jenna's room this is what he found.
Apparently she didn't fall asleep right away on that fateful night and in her boredom got some craft scissors out of the kitchen cupboard and cut both sides of her hair off. We found hair all over the bathroom floor. Then she went back into her room and fell asleep.
My only request to the hair stylist the next morning was to make her look like a girl if possible. She made a great snow white for Halloween.
It's taken a full year, but she is almost back to where it was before, not quite, but we are getting there. What's funny is that even with being such a girly girl Jenna loved her short hair! She was so proud of it and never once regretted cutting it. She used to say things like this to her cousin, "Anna, your hair is TOO long, you need to cut it short like mine." Only days after the incident one of her little friends DID cut her own hair short after Jenna had spent a little time with her. I can only imagine the conversation that took place between the 3 yr olds. (It's a good thing her mother had a sense of humor.) She's excited to be growing it out now, but knows that only certain people can cut her hair and she isn't one of them!!
1 comment:
Your kids look great. Love the costumes. I will show this to Rachel and she will love it. I only wish we were that organized. Thanks for the update - so glad to hear from you. I'll update you on our progress soon.
Post a Comment