Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dinner Database

I have been in a dinner menu slump. If I don't have it all planned out well in advance I have a hard time coming up with something that actually sounds good to me. I once solved this dinner dilemma by having a 2 week menu at all times. . .but in that last year or so I've gotten to where coming up with a menu is getting harder and harder. It's all the same ole' stuff, you know? For me it is a lot easier to prepare everything if I don' t have to come up with the idea first. Anyway, for my upcoming birthday Adam created a dinner database and it is pretty much the coolest thing ever! He put in everything we have ever had for dinner (which can be updated at any time) and created a program that will allow me to just select items for the menu from a list and can be based on prep time, etc. It keeps track of when we had each meal so that we don't repeat something too often. It also creates a shopping list for me based on the meals I have selected. This morning he handed me a 2 week menu. It is so nice to not have to come up with the ideas myself! I'm not sure why, it just is. Anyway, I love practical birthday gifts! It's just perfect and didn't cost a dime!


He overshot on his time estimates, but I'm flattered that he thinks I actually spend that much time preparing meals. :-)

1 comment:

Tiffany Salter said...

That is WAY stinkin' cool. Is it something you can send along my way? I could really use something like that. Way to go Adam!