Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mom? Dad?

I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere down the line Britton thought it would be cool to start calling Adam and me by our first names. He doesn't do it exclusively, but just enough to catch us off guard every time he does. There is no rhyme or reason to it. This morning Britton was asking me about the new soccer season coming up and it came out like this, "What did you say, Hil, about soccer?" Oh, so now even my full name is too much?? Last Sunday I was welcoming the kids to Primary and when Britton walked in he waved his arm and said an enthusiastic, "Hi Hilary!" I was so taken back I didn't even know how to respond. He does the same thing to Adam. "Welcome Home, Adam, how was work?" My favorite is when Britton started calling him "Adler." A few of Adam's sisters have called him that since he was a kid, but no one else even knows about it.

It only took 3 years, but the Thomas the Tank Engine phase has officially ended. I thought it would come and go in a few months, but Britton really defied all expectations there. A month or so ago he was introduced to Scooby Doo and for now it is temporarily filling the Thomas void. He has decided to have a bug/insect birthday party. I'm not sure quite what one does at an insect themed party, but Adam's in charge and I'm sure he will come up with something great. Just as long as real insects aren't involved I'll be just fine.

No comments: