
One of my favorite parts in "Napolean Dynomite" is when Napolean and Pedro are talking about their skills. 'I've got skills . . . drawing skills, numchuck(sp?) skills . . .' I find that I use this terminology all of the time. Whenever I think about Adam and his ability to make these really yummy rolls from scratch that are soft and buttery and pure perfection, I can't help but hear that little voice in the back of my mind say, "He's got skills! Baking skills, numchuck skills", etc. Our Sunday dinners used to be an extention of the same M-F routine that I have done for years. A few months ago Adam started making his yummy homemade rolls or breadsticks on Sundays to go with whatever I was making. After a few weeks (and since he was already in the kitchen anyway) he started putting together other side dishes as well. Now I have completely stepped out of the picture and he has gotten to where he fixes a fabulous Sunday meal all by himself. It's great. Yesterday we had so much food that we called over his sister Kimberly that lives 1 street behind us to come to dinner and help us eat everything. I took this picture yesterday while he was making his famous rolls. He wouldn't smile, he said he wanted an "action shot."
We w

ent to the annual 'Kids Fest' fundraiser for the Christmas Box House at Wheeler

Farm this last Saturday. (Adam has been on the committee of voluteers for the last 3 or 4 years.) Britton and Jenna used to be content to stay on all of the blow up jumping/sliding stuff for 1 ticket per jump/slide. Now they are older and have more expensive tastes. They opted to pay 5 & 6 tickets to get pirate stuff and have a picture taken with a fake looking Cap'n Jack Sparrow, and get a whole princess get-up complete with sparkly nail polish. Soon they'll be asking for a new car or a cell phone. . .in other words, its all down hill from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment