Friday, August 17, 2007

Fly Swatting Challenge

It's that time of year when there seem to be at least 3 flies in the kitchen at all times, especially when the kids can't seem to remember to shut the sliding glass door behind them. I have discovered a great weakness in myself. . .apparently I am unable to kill flies. No, I'm not on a "save the fly" campaign, nor do I have any fond feelings for the creatures, and it is certainly not from a lack of trying. I try all day long! Unfortunately, I am fly swatting challenged. My reaction time is so slow I can actually see the flies mocking me. Its humiliating. Last night my sister-in-law Kim came over and killed all of the flies in about 2 min. after I had been trying to get them all day. Not a proud moment for me.

We didn't make any new friends at Costco today. Britton threw up all over the floor right in front of the pretty flower bouquets. I apologized several times after alerting an employee, but it certainly wasn't a fun situation for anyone involved. Definitely one of those oh so fun parenting moments. Here is Britton in happier times with his Uncle Stephen Campbell.

No comments: