We didn't go anywhere for the UEA break this year, but were able to enjoy some activities close to home. The annual pumpkin walk is always a favorite.
Who needs Disneyland when you can have the full "It's a Small World" experience at the pumpkin walk?
Another favorite display was the Coco themed one.
The boys are getting taller!
On Sunday, October 21st I turned 42 years old. The kids helped me celebrate with a delicious pie and Adam surprised us all with a personalized family history bingo game and word search for my birthday party.
The next day AJ bundled up for his preschool field trip back to the pumpkin walk.
The weather was great for some pumpkin carving with the Kirks.
The university football team had a fantastic year and Jameson and Adam enjoyed going to a game with some friends.
Johnny, Jameson, Walker
Andy, Josh, Adam, Jameson
Britton's club soccer team finished off a great season at the end of October. He has already started winter workouts for the high school team.
Britton front row far left
The last couple of years Jameson has really been bothered by the fact that he can't do anything really crazy with his hair on crazy hair day at school. This year I got some orange color hairspray and he loved it. Of course AJ didn't want to be left out of the fun.
Jenna and Korinne made their own costumes for Halloween. Jenna was an angel and Korinne was a devil.
Jenna had a ballroom dance performance at another high school in the morning that required zombie make-up so she kind of turned into a zombie angel, which confused quite a few people, but she loved it. She is the kind of person that really LOVES dressing up for Halloween.
For school on Halloween Jameson was an army guy and AJ was Thomas the Train.
Johnny, Beckett, Jameson and Ace waiting for the bus.
The day after Halloween I felt a little bad for leaving town and making Adam deal with the post Halloween hangover craziness that always makes for a challenging few days at our house, but our K-1 reunion in Las Vegas was planned months ago and I wasn't about to miss it.
Malinda, Kaylynn, Hilary,Heather, Cyd (Ker-dog taking the picture)
You know we must be kindred spirits when we all fly in wearing the same color without coordinating. Purple for the win!
We hit old town Las Vegas and had an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.
Um, yes, please.
Hilary and Heather in front of the Bellagio fountains.
The night we hit the World of Dance live tour show. World of Dance is on NBC and although none of us had watched the show I did see some clips of the 3 LDS dancers that were some of the top finishers and were selected to go on the live tour. In fact, one of the dancers was the son of Austin's cousin (Kaylynn's husband) which is how we got the idea to go to the show in the first place.
I enjoy watching crazy talented people. They were absolutely amazing! Afterwards we waited around with Andres' family and snapped a quick picture with the dancing star.
Hilary, Keri, Kaylynn, Andres, Cyd, Malinda, Heather
Jenna actually did watch the show and was more than a little impressed that I was able to meet him and get a picture.
That afternoon we hit the pool (actually I took a nap while the rest of the girls went to the pool) and then went to the outlets in the evening. Before we knew it our two days together were over and it was time to say goodbye. Malinda and Kaylynn left early Sunday morning, Cyd left around noon, Ker-dog met up with her sisters for another quick girls trip and Heather and I stayed one more night and flew back on Monday. We walked to a Sacrament meeting just a few miles from where we were staying and enjoyed a quiet Sunday afternoon getting caught up on our reading.
When I got home on Monday I walked into Christmas, literally. Knowing how much I don't love the Christmas season Adam and the kids thought it would be hilarious to decorate for Christmas while I was gone. They had a countdown chain (only 50 more days til Christmas), Christmas cookies, Christmas decorations and my least favorite Christmas song ever, "Feliz Navidade", playing as I walked in. They filmed my reaction and we haven't stopped laughing about it since.
I've got to hand it to them, it was a clever practical joke.
Korinne sang in a choir for the middle school's Veterans Day assembly. This assembly was powerful and Kristen K would definitely approve of the strong patriotism being taught to the students. They invited military veterans from our area to attend and honored them for their service. They also had everyone in tears with an amazing video honoring those who have served in every war in our nation's history. The program really gave the kids a greater understanding of the incredible sacrifices that have been made and are still being made so they can be free. I went in thinking it was going to be just another boring assembly, but I left with a greater appreciation for all those who put their lives on the line every day for us. It is so refreshing in our current political climate to see students in our area learning about our amazing country and being proud to be American.
When the choir started singing "Freedom Isn't Free" a flood of memories came back because I sang that very song in elementary school!
Freedom isn't free
Freedom isn't free
You've got to pay the price
You've got to sacrifice
For your liberty!
































No comments:
Post a Comment