Sunday, October 14, 2018

Region and All State

For the Region XC meet this week it was plenty chilly outside.  The races started at 11:00 a.m. so AJ was able to watch Britton and Jenna race with me while Korinne and Jameson were at school.


Jenna took 2 1/2 minutes off her Region time from last year.  It wasn't quite a PR for her this season, but was pretty close.


Britton had a nasty cold, but said it was the best race he has had while being sick.


Proof that it was cold outside.

AJ is notorious for ruining Jenna's piano practice sessions. She will start to practice and he'll run in and climb on her lap and start playing with cars on the piano keys.  It definitely makes practicing a challenge for Jenna.


On Friday afternoon Adam got a text from his sister Bethany that her family was going to be at Lagoon that night for Frightmares.  We decided to join in on the fun and meet them there.



With Frightmares in full swing it was crowded, but we had a good time with cousins and got a kick out of the random shows they put on for the season.

I love living in a University town.  We went to the Homecoming parade yesterday and the kids got so much candy that they started to complain that their bags were too heavy  Definitely a first world problem.  I told them I would take a bunch of candy so their bags wouldn't be so heavy, but they both refused my offer.  Somehow they didn't trust that they would get all of it back. 😀


The marching band playing the fight song

Adam and Korinne

Stuggling with the weight of their bags at the end of the parade.


The kids loved the parade candy, I found it to be a bit excessive.  I had them give me everything they didn't absolutely love and kept it to give out to trick-or-treaters in a few weeks.


Jameson's stash.

AJ's pile

You would have thought they went trick-or-treating instead of going to a parade. It was fun and all, but I have not been enjoying the candy hangovers.

Jameson was invited to 2 birthday parties yesterday so it was non stop fun for him.  He was able to go indoor rock climbing at the first one and one of the Mom's sent me a few pictures.


He had a lot of fun, but told me afterwords he has discovered he has a fear of heights.

Britton went with the high school choir group Rhapsody to All-State on Thursday and arrived home on Saturday night.  They stayed in SLC at a hotel for 2 nights and then performed with other groups from several high schools across the state at the Tabernacle downtown on Saturday night. Each group learned the same 6 songs and performed them all together after 2 days of rehearsals.  Britton absolutely loved it and really felt like he was able to bond with the other members of Rhapsody.

Britton with his hotel roommates

Performance at the Tabernacle


RHS Rhapsody members in front of the Assembly Hall on Temple Square

I feel like a rookie mom when it comes to Rhapsody because none of my kids have ever done anything with choir until this year. I don't remember there being an All State choir performance when I was a Madrigal in High School, but Britton said the Murray Madrigals were there so apparently it started in the years after I graduated and has become a long standing tradition. I was blind sided by it this year, but next year I will be more prepared.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congrats to Britton and Jenna on x-country and to Britton for Rhapsody. That is great! The candy stash looked just as big as Halloween. Good idea to give some away that night.