Sunday, October 7, 2018

Changes in the air

 When its the week of parent teacher conferences and your kids are in 4 different schools with different schedules things get a little crazy.  The high school was out of school on Tuesday, Korinne, Jameson AJ were out of school on Friday.  How adorable are these preschool superheroes hanging in the hall outside of AJ's classroom?!

                                                          AJ the preschool superhero.

AJ has such an outgoing and fun personality his preschool teachers love working with him.  As we were leaving the classroom some of his classmates were in the hall and greeted him enthusiastically. The parents responded with "Oh, this is AJ? We hear about him all of the time at home"  After AJ's very first day of school he was telling me about it and simply said, "I have a LOT of friends." ๐Ÿ˜€ He has made so much progress in speech that he accomplished his goal for the school year in the first month so he may only be in speech for another month or so until he is released.  He has pretty much caught up with his peers at this point so he has really come a long way from not being able to speak a word of English 14 months ago.

Jameson is doing really well in French and I got to see him in action at his parent teacher conference.  His French teacher never speaks a word of English to the kids, in fact she had Jameson leave the room after a few minutes so she could speak to me in English.  She lets them speak to her in English right now, but in February she will suddenly not be able to understand English anymore so they will have to speak to her in French.  Jameson doesn't know about that yet, so he may be in for a surprise this winter.

Britton and Jenna had a piano recital on Friday night and each played an impressive piece.  Jenna played "Waterfall" by Jon Schmidt and Britton played Tarantella by Stephen Heller.  I wish blogger would let me upload portions of the video, but they are really stingy with their video files anymore.



We really loved General  Conference this weekend!  For months rumors of 2 hour church have been making the rounds but I never gave it any consideration because I just couldn't see it happening. Well, I was wrong and I couldn't be happier about it! I'm excited for the new balanced curriculum and am excited about all of the changes that are happening in the church right now.

After the last session of conference we went on a little walk to see the leaves in the canyon.  It was beautiful. 




In our family this is what an attempt to get a group picture looks like.


I told AJ to smile for the camera. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think October should last for 2 months. It really is my favorite month of the year.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love October too. Thanks for posting the beautiful photos and giving us updates on the kids. We are happy AJ and Jameson are doing so well in school. We can't wait to hear AJ talk and Jameson sing and the Britton and Jenna play the piano. Love you all!