Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Clapper

We had a super healthy winter.  I think Britton was the only one that even had a cold all winter long, but our healthy streak ended this week. I was the first to come come with a nasty cold and Adam followed my lead.  I completely lost my voice on Monday and Tuesday.  I discovered that being a Mom and not being able to talk isn't a great combination.  I found myself clapping when I needed to get someones attention from across the room and I can't tell you how many times my kids asked, "Um, why are we whispering??  Oh yeah, you lost your voice."

As luck would have it it was my turn to teach Jameson's Joy School preschool class this week.


It's a preschool class of all boys and here they are enjoying their apples for a snack.  I'm not sure quite how I did it without a voice, but somehow we got through it.

We really loved the warm spring weather this week.  Jameson asked to go to the park all winter long so he was happy we finally made it there. It's so nice to have the snow gone.



My kids enjoy going to book signings for some of their favorite authors.  On Friday is was J. Scott Savage.  Jenna brought 3 of his books with her to get autographed.


Britton is the latest member of the family to succumb to this awful cold so it should be an interesting week for him.  He was out of school on Wednesday because it was the end of the trimester at his school.  Having my kids at 4 different schools means that they don't all get the same days off.  Jenna had a day off 2 weeks ago and Korinne was out of school last Friday.

I got to get out on my bike this week for the first time and it was heavenly.  We are definitely ready for spring around here!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad you have your voice back.