Sunday, March 20, 2016

Big Box


We got to attend a broadcast of the Provo City Center Temple dedication this morning which is always a wonderful experience in and of itself, but throw in a day off from all church callings, having Adam home all day and a beautiful sunny spring day and you have a pretty awesome Sunday. Jameson was the only one that wasn't old enough to attend, but he enjoyed being with Grandma and Grandpa while the rest of us went to the 9 a.m. session.  

Tuesday was my last day to teach Jameson's Joy School group.  I outlined each of the boys on white paper and then they got to color themselves if they wanted. Some of the boys were more excited about it than others and others refused to do anything at all with them.


Here are all 6 boys just before quittin' time.


I already knew this about myself, but it was confirmed once again as the boys left on Tuesday--if I never have to teach Joy School again, it will be too soon.  Jameson loves Joy School, but he had a hard time when I taught.  He had a meltdown every 5 minutes because he wanted special attention and privileges from me. Fortunately he doesn't have any problems when other people are teaching.

We have had a few appliance deaths in our household recently and on Saturday Adam and I finally went appliance shopping.  In my book shopping for major appliances is right up there with getting a root canal.  It is also a time when Adam and I can clearly see our different shopping styles. My idea is to get in and out in 10 minutes and not talk to anybody if possible, but Adam prefers to talk to each employee for at least an hour about no fewer than 10 appliances.  I think it was for this reason that we got both needed appliances in one swoop instead of putting ourselves through another round of shopping in the coming weeks/months.


We took the new dishwasher home with us and the dryer will be delivered on Friday.

Grandpa came over to help Adam do the installation. We didn't have to do the dishes by hand for very long, and in a way I'm sad about that (it was good for the kids), but it is nice not to have it hanging over our heads.


Jmo got a new toy, a big cardboard box.  I can see hours of entertainment in his future with this one.


On Thursday a package came from Amazon for Britton and Jenna.  "Hey, Britton, did you and Jenna order something?"  "No", he replied.  This is what it was:


Confused I held it up for Britton and then the light bulb went on and he exclaimed, "Oh, we won!" Apparently a few weeks ago at that science thing they went to at the University there was a little competition and the kids designed bus stops that would be shown to the City Counsel at a later date. The best design selected by the city leaders would receive a book.  The Amazon receipt had this message for Britton and Jenna, "Congratulations Jenna & Britton, your designs were winners! An engineer said: Thoughtful features to help the community.  Excellent consideration of comfort, landscaping and power generation." Neither of them thought their designs were that great so either the competition wasn't too fierce or they are better than they thought. Anyway, I'm sure they will enjoy their book about Chemical Engineering and Chain Reactions. Wow.  I bet it's a real page turner.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congrats to Britton & Jenna. Awesome!