Sunday, January 3, 2016

Winter Break

Korinne took it upon herself to start putting together the Nauvoo Temple Lego set that Taylor and Jen brought with them from China.  Jameson wasn't exactly helpful (notice all of the bags open and the pieces scattered) but Korinne worked through it.


After looking at the weather reports for the week we decided to go ahead and travel down south to visit Adam's parents.  Back on "Cyber Monday" I found a really good deal on some food vouchers for Pizza Pie Cafe on KSL deals.  I had visions of being a hero on the next birthday when I let everyone know we would be going out to eat instead of eating at home, but realized when I printed them out that were only good at the Midvale location. Do'h! We are never in Midvale, much less on one of the kids' birthdays.  In the end I became the hero of our trip to St. George this week with a very uncharacteristic lunch stop in you guessed it, Midvale.

Happy kids at Pizza Pie Cafe

Korinne had a loose tooth all the way down to Gramma and Grampa's house.  Once we arrived she got out the floss and attempted to get it out.  After a few hours of trying without success to remove the molar she finally let me try my personal tooth extraction technique. It's fast and painless and I had her tooth out in about 20 seconds. "Wow. Why didn't I just have you do that a long time ago? " Good question, my dear, good question.


On Wednesday we did something I have never done on December 30th, we went on a hike.  It was a short kid friendly trail with amazing views. Perfect.


Gramma and Grampa

Jameson didn't end up walking very much of it.  Good thing he has such a nice Dad.



Jenna and Korinne


Uncle James, Eli and Aubrey also came on the hike with us.


"Hey Mom, take my picture right here."

Later that afternoon we went bowling with Jaclyn and James and their kids and Gramma and Grampa.  Jameson LOVED playing with his little cousin Sawyer who is 9 months old.


How cute is this little clip I captured of Jameson trying to hug him.




 Neither Adam nor I had great bowling games, but Britton bowled with the adults for the first time and did well without the bumpers.


New Years Eve and New Years Day was one big party with extended family.  Aunt Bethany hosted both parties and the kids had a lot of fun playing with cousins. Games were definitely the favorite way to bond with cousins we don't see very often.

Ashlan, Jenna, Korinne and Aubrey

J-mo loves him some babies and couldn't get enough of baby Bonnie.


The men watching football games from their phones.  Bethany didn't have the channels for the bowl games but they still found a way to make it happen.

Ashlan, Mckenzie, Korinne, Easton, Jenna and Jessica


Britton is a huge fan of the sweet x-box setup Aunt Kim has at her house. He could have played all day. . .but he didn't.

More games, different location.


On New Year's Day we all sang Happy Birthday to Jameson since his birthday was only 6 days away and the only January birthday in attendance.




With Adam's parents, Stephen, Bethany, Marci, Jaclyn, Adam, Kim and all of their families at the party it was definitely a lively one.


 Before we knew it our time in St. George was done and we were on our way to the frozen tundra that we call home.  After a 2 week break it is back to life, back to reality for us. Always a little painful, but necessary.

No comments: