Sunday, January 31, 2016

"Snowzilla"

A week ago Friday Adam took the older kids to the Kirk's annual ski party at Beaver Mtn.  The kids look forward to it every year.  Night skiing with our neighborhood and a pot luck meal in the lodge when they get hungry. What's not to love?  The last thing I said to Adam before he left was, "Don't forget to take pictures!" Yeah, he totally forgot. I did manage to take this picture of him getting ready to back out of the garage wearing ski goggles. The lighting wasn't the best, but it was pretty funny.


Jameson and I stayed home.  To ease the blow of not being able to go with Dad and the older kids I took him to McDonald's for dinner. 


And because I just couldn't stomach the thought of McDonald's for myself, I picked up a salad from Cafe Rio on our way home to watch a movie. Win-win for all.


He decided that not going skiing was just as fun.

This winter we've had a lot of little snow storms. Just a couple inches at a time.


Adam usually clears the driveway wearing shorts from his early morning basketball game and sometimes Jameson likes to follow behind him on his bike. It's super safe, I know.


Jameson had a little battle with some ice on our driveway and the ice won.  He has a scratched nose and lip to prove it.


I don't usually follow the weather so I was more than a little surprised to wake up to over a foot of new snow yesterday morning.  We had an 8 a.m. appt to clean the church and the snowplows hadn't hit our circle yet so Adam had to snowblow 2 lines in our cul-de-sac just to get us out to the road.


The kids hard at work.


Jameson had some cleaning gloves and was actually quite helpful-ish.


He really loved his cleaning gloves.

The rest of the morning was spent digging both us and our neighbors out.  The snow was very deep, wet and heavy.  After getting our driveway done Adam disappeared for about 3 or 4 hours helping people who needed it.


And it just kept snowing.


On the east coast they might call a storm like this "Snowzilla". Here we just call it January in CV.  If it had been a school day the kids would still have gone to school.


It was deep enough for Korinne to make a snow cave off of our front walk without piling snow.

Today we had stake conference so I took a few pictures of the kids by the snow before we left.  You can see that it goes up to Korinne's shoulders.



Big piles of snow around the driveway.


After church we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's for the first time in a few weeks since they have been out of town.  We brought some delish no bake cookies to start off the month long Kristen birthday celebration.


Afterwards the kids decided to do some sibling bonding in the snow.





Good times in a winter wonderland.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It was fun to be back and have your family for dinner.

Heather said...

I have a new "healthy' version of no bake cookies that I really like... I will have to share it with you (or did I already?).