Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy Birthday Jmo!

Jameson had a big birthday this week and turned 4 years old.  It was a party from sun up until sun down starting with breakfast with Dad.


That afternoon we took Jameson,Will and June to the fun park to play in the soft play area.  When I got to my parent's house to pick up Jen and the kids I found they were babysitting Myler.  Perfect. The more the merrier for our impromptu birthday party.


 The kids had so much fun in the soft play area.


That night we had a family birthday party with Taylor, Jen, Will and June.  We were glad they were in town for his birthday as Jameson, Will and June were like "The 3 Amigos" running around all week. 



Ok, we didn't go big with our mini-cake this year, but it was the absolutely perfect size for each of the kids to have a small piece.  The kids really only care about the ice cream anyway.




He loved his present which was a V-Tech track that fits together with one he already has.  Now he can put the 2 together for even more awesomeness!


On Thursday morning I got a text from Heather saying that Aaron was coming to town for something and he decided to just ride with him so she could see Taylor and Jen for a few minutes.  I went over to my parents house in the afternoon so I could see  her, too.


So why did Aaron travel all the way to our little town?  Well, to buy this big truck, of course. Shhh, it's a surprise.

Just a few "let's get a picture of us before Heather leaves" pictures.



Of course at the very last minute Heather decided to just stay the night and go back in the morning since she and Aaron both had a car. This meant that Taylor, Jen and I were both able to get foot zones and spend more time with  her. In fact, she was zoning my feet when Adam came in from work.  I hadn't told him she was in town on a random Thursday so he was more than a little surprised to walk in and see Heather in our house in the middle of a foot zone.


With the new year we started a new instrument practicing program.  For each day the kids don't practice they have to pay a portion of their lesson fee. For example, if they miss 3 practice days at $3.00 a piece then I get $9.00 to go towards their lesson costs. Basically they can't afford to not practice! So, is it working? 


YES! This was Britton practicing on a Friday night without me saying a word. 

On Saturday we went to a local park that floods the field in winter and makes it into a ice skating rink.


Look at Taylor, Jen, Will and June being all matchy matchy and stuff.


Jmo and June crack me up.  They are truly partners in crime.


It was Adam's first time on ice skates in over 15 years. He still has some skills.


 Well, we won't be auditioning for the Olympics anytime soon, but I think a fun time was had by all.  Jameson did really well for being a true rookie.


Grandpa was more than happy to hold everyone's stuff and cheer from the sidelines. Grandma, however, had her skates on and joined in the fun. Unfortunately I didn't end up getting a picture of her in action.


This picture of Will, Jameson and June says it all.  They were 3 peas in a pod for the 2 weeks they were in town. 


 This morning I took him over the Grandma's to say goodbye to Will and June before they left town. They really loved playing together every day for several hours and I know that Jmo is going to go through serious withdrawals not having them around.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday, Jameson. I'm glad you had fun with Will and June this past week.

Heather said...

Fun to see you guys! Yeah, we need to come ice skating again too!