It's been a relatively quiet few weeks around our house. Sure, we've got the typical stuff going on, but not a lot of things I feel compelled to blog about. Here are the few noteworthy items for the last 2 weeks: Britton received a rank advancement at a scout court of honor, and has also had a few indoor soccer games. Jenna and Korinne started piano lessons this month. They both really wanted to take piano so I finally gave in and got them in lessons. Jenna took 2 years of Suzuki piano with her violin lessons, but Korinne has never taken before. So far both are doing very well. Jenna is not a typical beginning student and sounds like she has been taking for years. The Suzuki helped, of course, but so has playing the violin for 4 years. It's amazing how quickly you can progress when you already read music.
This week I had to remind Britton to practice his piano instead of reading a book. I finally confiscated his book only to find him listening to a digital book with headphones a few minutes later. After I reminded him again he went in and started practicing but kept his digital book going. Who does that? How can you practice piano the while listening to a story?
Well, not only did he do it, but he did it well. Who would have thought? He couldn't figure out why I thought it would be so difficult. I decided he has even more skills than I knew about.
This last Friday night was our one fun activity for the week. Our neighbors host a ski night every January at Beaver Mtn Lodge where everyone can get discount ski passes for night skiing. They also have a big pot luck in the lodge so you can either ski and eat or just eat and play games and hang out in the Lodge. Adam has taken the older kids skiing for the last 3 years and I've stayed home with Jameson. This year my parents said they would come and watch Jameson so I could go skiing with the rest of the family. Seeing as I haven't been skiing since 1995 I wasn't sure how I would do. Fortunately skiing is just like riding a bike, it comes back to you pretty quickly. I didn't take any pictures, but got a few taken with my Dad's cell phone.
 |
| Adam getting his boots on. |
 |
| Jenna with her friend Sydney |
 |
| We learned last year that Korinne likes to go fast and needs a helmet! |
 |
| Getting ready to hit the slopes. |
The kids are old enough now that they are comfortable going off with friends for awhile and then coming back to ski with Mom and Dad. It was a fun night and one that the kids really look forward to each year.
1 comment:
Wow. . . hearing a book and playing the piano at the same time!
I have been interested in taking my kids skiing. There is a ski hill nearby. But all the stars need to align to make it work (enough snow, time to do it, money to do it, etc.) That is awesome that it was like riding a bike for you because I think it has been since 1998 for me.
Post a Comment