Sunday, January 11, 2015

"It's my birthday!"

Guess who was excited to celebrate his 3rd Birthday?


I let him pick out a small present at the store as a gift from his siblings.  It took awhile for him to stop looking at all of the $45.00 presents, but when he finally decided on a new train, "Gator", to add to his collection he couldn't have been happier.
 

He played with his new engine for hours.  He also loved the modest decorations we put up for his big day.  I love that it doesn't take much to impress J-mo.

 
 For his party we went to "Ick"Donalds.  Not very much fun for us, but Jameson thought it was the coolest ever. When you have a January birthday being able to play at an indoor playground is just plain awesome.  Fortunately our 3 "buy one meal get one free" coupons made the experience a little less painful.

Britton always has a book on hand. . .

Hey, what's your toy?

Back at the house it was cake and ice cream time.


Jameson was very excited about the "Planes: Fire and Rescue" birthday hats he picked out for everyone.



You can imagine how happy I was when right before his birthday I found a small birthday cake on the day old rack for $3.50.  Perfect. It was decorated and all ready to go.  Back when the other kids were turning 3 Aunt Kim was always nearby to make some fancy shmancy cake for them. Poor J-mo only has my shopping skills to get him through.

It's present time!




He was so happy with his "Build a Road" kit with 2 cars he was literally jumping up and down.  It was a major hit.

 
I was trying to get away from the train thing since he already has so many, but this is pretty much the same thing anyway.  What can we say?  We know what he likes.
 
Because his birthday is after January 1st he still has another year of nursery at church even though he is already 3.  I'm totally ok with that.  I think he will benefit from being an older Sunbeam next year.  Of course he towers over the 18 month old kids coming into nursery now, but at least I'm in there to make sure he doesn't overwhelm them. 
 
Britton went on a campout this weekend.  Every January the troop goes to a hot spring where they get to swim in the warm water so it's one of their favorite campouts of the year. Sleeping in 20 degree weather doesn't sound fun for me, but he said he stayed warm and had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a great b-day for J-mo! Did you end up giving him the pj's or are you waiting on those?

Tricia said...

Happy late birthday to Jameson!

Cameron and McKay went on Cam's first winter camp-out last week-end. It snowed 7 inches overnight! Brrr. At least Cam got to try squirrel.