Jenna has reached the ripe old age of 11.
To celebrate we decided to do something we haven't done since Jameson has been mobile, we went out to dinner as a family. I had coupons in hand and a plan in place, but just as we were leaving I started to second guess my decision. Would taking Jameson to a restaurant be the worst decision ever? He doesn't exactly have a reputation of being easy to handle in "sit down and wait" situations, but by this time my desire to NOT have to cook and do the dishes gave me the courage to go for it.
We went to Firehouse Pizzeria. My Dad was in town and was able to join us for the party.
Jenna gave Jameson a ring pop right before we left. It was blue, can you tell?
To my surprise Jameson did quite well and it was a very peaceful and enjoyable dinner. Definitely a departure for us and a lot of fun.
After dinner it was back home for presents and birthday cake.
| Loving the new maxi skirt from Grandma |
Jenna's "cake".
| Notice Jameson is on the counter. He is always on the counter. |
| Lighting the birthday candles. |
Jameson wanted to blow out candles, too.
Korinne has long been known for licking the frosting off of a cupcake and discarding the actual cupcake, but doing the same thing with a donut is just plain weird.
It's a donut. The whole thing is pure sugar, not just the glaze. When I pointed this out to her she gave me this look.
So, if you like donuts sans glaze, I would suggest hanging out with Korinne.
It was a fun family party and we all had a great time.
The last few days the weather has been FABULOUS. Clear, sunny and temperatures in the 50's. Unaccustomed to such weather in February everyone has had a little pep in their step. With all the snow gone I got my bike out and went on my first ride of the season with my biker friends. Ahh, it felt soo good to be out riding again! When I was getting ready to go Jameson wanted to get ready, too. Here we are in our gear.
We know the good weather won't last and it isn't here to stay, but we will certainly enjoy every minute of it!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jenna!
We thought of but didn't manage to call - so happy belated to Jenna from all of us. And who sells 15 ct. boxes of donuts anyway? Cool.
I put the birthday comment on the wrong blog. Happy birthday, Jenna. I love you two bikers!
Post a Comment