After a week of awesome fall weather we woke up to a few inches of the white stuff on Friday morning. Jameson was all too ready to get out and play in the snow. He stayed out with Jenna for quite awhile and had a great time. Looks like our winter has officially begun.
Last Friday night was Britton's Thermal Fischer Science Fair.
Here he is standing in front of his team's presentation board. He loved everything about it, especially the pizza dinner that was provided, a T-shirt, and a fancy name badge that went around his neck. It started after school and involved kids from 10 different schools.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to his science fair because I was hanging out with my college friends in Lava Hot Springs. We had dinner at a Thai restaurant (that used to be a gas station) in "downtown" Lava. It was quite the experience.
It was all fun and games until they informed us they didn't serve mango sticky rice. What? You're a Thai restaurant! No mango sticky rice?? Fortunately we liked everything else and ate family style so we all got to try a little bit of everything.
Next it was off to soak in the hot pools.
Then it was off to Pocatello where we indulged in little fro-yo and then Ker-dog hooked us up with super cheap rooms at the Hampton Inn.
The girls stayed up until 2:30 a.m., but I only made it to 1 a.m. (Leave it to me to be the first one in bed.) I wish every woman could have a group of ladies like the crew. We have had these little get-togethers for the past 17 years and I can't imagine not having these women in my life.
So we were sitting at the beginning of our sacrament meeting today and Jameson found a bag of cheerios in the diaper bag. I'm NOT a fan of cheerios at church and we never have them, but one of the kids had put a ziplock bag of them in the diaper bag a few weeks ago and they were still there. We had a missionary talking in church today so it was very crowded. The first 3 rows in the chapel were filled with high school students and we were right up by the front on the side. Jameson found the cheerios and started making a fuss and I was trying to get them from him and before I knew it he grabbed the bag from me and pulled at it with all his might. Well, he's a strong kid so the bag ripped open and cheerios flew in every direction. It was bad, really bad. The cheerios covered a 5 row area and were all over the aisle. If I were to rate this "cheerio spill" on a scale from 1 to 10, it would come in at about a 15. It was so bad that there was an audible gasp from the high school crowd and a lot of people started whispering. I grabbed Jameson, who was still crying loudly, and walked out, never to return. I was too embarrassed. And all of this happened before they even got to the sacrament hymn! Poor Adam was left with the mess, but he said the 4 young boys sitting in front of us were quick to get up and help and the family behind us helped too. What gets me is that we go to great lengths to avoid such scenes! Ugh. Just another great memory, I guess.




6 comments:
So sorry. I knew Jameson was in trouble when YOU took him out. Hope you were able to recover for your lesson. So sad I missed it. You are such a fantastic teacher.
By the way, I think it is fabulous that your "crew" still gets together often. That is awesome!
I can just picture the scene...
It brings back memories of my own Sadie induced catastrophes. I vividly recall one involving raisins and the primary president's big hair.
Cheerios spills keep us humble:) I think it is funny!
no mango sticky rice. that's a shame. but glad to see you continue to venture out to eat good food.
Post a Comment