Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quirks

I admit that I'm quirky.   I come from a quirky family full of quirky siblings.  Nothing brings the in-laws more enjoyment than sitting around and talking about all of our quirks. Unfortunately I've passed on my quirkiness to my son, Britton. If the dishwasher has been unloaded and is empty except for a wooden spoon I know that Britton was the one who unloaded it.  Why? Because Britton can't stand the feel of wood unless it is wet. Weird.


 Let's hope this kid doesn't get called to Asia on his mission.  He would seriously have to carry around his own set of medal chopsticks around or he would never survive.  I completely understand his aversion to the feeling of wood because I can't stand the feeling of stoneware.  I finally just threw out our pizza stone not because I didn't like the results of using it but because I couldn't stand to touch it.

About 5 years ago I noticed that Adam and I were using pancake pillows.  You know, pillows so flat they look like pancakes.  I purchased new pillows for the both of us but after using my new pillow for 2 nights I couldn't stand it any longer.  It was way too fluffy and it was hurting my neck and back! Here it is 5 years later and Adam has gone through several pillows and I'm still using my beloved pancake pillow.  It is about an inch thick and I love it.  Whenever we travel I have learned I just need to bring my pancake pillow with me.  People try to give us nice pillows and hotel pillows are way too fluffy.  If I have to choose between a fluffy pillow and no pillow at all, I will choose no pillow at all.

The jury is out on whether or not Jameson will be quirky, but Jameson does love him some Thomas the Train. Adam caught a little of his dancing to the theme song early one morning without him knowing.


He loves Thomas and every time we see anything with Thomas the Train he points to it and says, "Choo choo!"  Britton's Thomas obsession lasted for 3 years. Hmm, we'll have to see how long Jameson's lasts.
 

1 comment: