Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving my Aunt Kathy pulled out all the stops and provided commemorative 2012 Thanksgiving aprons to the person in each family who did the most cooking for the feast.
 
 
Yeah, I didn't get the apron. We all know Adam is the real cook in our family.  I was sitting in the family room when I heard my Aunt Kathy say to Adam in the kitchen, "Well, if anything ever happened between you and Hilary, you know would still have to come to Thanksgiving to do the rolls, right?"  Right.  I'm optional, Adam and his rolls? Not so much.
 
 
It was Jameson's first Thanksgiving and it didn't take him long to decide that he is a fan. Here he is with a mouthful.

 
He's lucky that on his first Thanksgiving he was old enough to enjoy all of the real food instead of just formula or baby food. 
 
 
He loved being a part of the crowd and had a great time with all of his cousins and 2nd cousins.
 
Here are the ladies. 
 
 
This year 4 out of 6 kids in my family were in attendance.  That is the most we've had in a long time.
 
 
It is one holiday that is worth the flight.
 
My camera card was full about 2 min. into the bowling portion of the day so I didn't get a lot of documentation, but I did manage to come in last place in the ladies bowling bracket. . . again.  I'm really cool that way.  I come in last every year so I can make everyone else feel good about their bowling skills. Adam, on the other hand, won the men's bracket. . .again.  He had so many strikes and spares it would have made you think they were the only option when bowling.  It's a good thing I was there to remind everyone that gutter balls can and do happen.
 
The piƱatas and fireworks were a hit again this year, and I know that I had at least 2 large cups of the homemade root beer.  We also had a cake and sang to Korinne for her birthday.  We have so many Thanksgiving traditions that it keeps us hopping all day long. During the month of November Korinne's school teacher asked each child's parent to come into class and talk about traditions they do with any one of the holidays during the year.  Before Thanksgiving break I went in and talked about our family's Thanksgiving traditions.  You should have seen the looks on the kids' faces when I finished telling them about our traditions.  When the teacher asked if they had any questions the first question I got was, "Why do you do fireworks on Thanksgiving??"  Good question.  I just told him it was because we were silly and he seemed content with that.  If there was one word to describe our Thanksgiving celebration it would probably be "redneck".  Hey, you can take the boy out of Idaho, but you can't take Idaho out of the boy.

2 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Looks like fun!

Malinda said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like your Aunt Kathy! If it makes you feel any better, if our family got a commemorative Thanksgiving apron, it would go to Nate. He does the turkey and potatoes and gravy. I heat up the frozen corn and put olives, cheese and pickles on toothpicks. :) Hooray for husbands that can and do cook.