Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm losing it

The last few weeks have shown me that I'm getting older.  In fact, I told Adam that maybe he should start looking for a nice assisted living center to place me in when I can no longer "function".  Yeah, I'm losing my memory.  Case in point:

1- Completely forgot to pick Britton up from Orchestra after school and only remembered when I got a phone call from his teachers 25 min. later. Yup, I arrived 30 minutes late. That's a record.

2- Spent a lot of time preparing Jameson's diaper bag for the 4 hours he would be at the kids club while I was helping with preschool at the Sports Academy and then totally forgot it on the table when I left.  Adam had to drive across town to drop it off. FAIL.

3- Got all the way through the checkout line at the store only to realize I had forgotten my purse.  With 2 people waiting behind me I ran to the car to get it, but I hadn't left it in the car, I had left it AT MY HOUSE.  So embarrassing.

4- Last but not least, for the last 3 years I have taken turns ordering Bountiful Baskets with some neighbors.  We rotate who orders and then picks for the week so we only have to get them every 3 weeks, but we still receive one every week. I have never forgotten to order when it was my turn. . . .until this week. I had it written down and everything and I'm still not sure what happened.  By the time I remember it was too late to order for the week.

Four things I have NEVER forgotten before.  My confidence is shaken and now I'm always stressed out about what I might be forgetting.  When Adam called from the post office on Friday and said, "Did I leave that letter I was supposed to mail on the counter?" I smiled and said, "Yes, it is. Welcome to my world."  It's nice to know I'm not the only one forgetting things lately.

1 comment:

larah said...

You made me feel so much better. I swear....some days are better than others! :)