Sunday, December 16, 2012

C-

If I had to grade myself on my blogging this year I would give myself a C-.  At the height of my blogging glory I was an A+ blogger, but this year I really let my blog go. I could analyze it all and figure out what exactly what went wrong, but I have decided to live by my sister Heather's philosophy when it comes to blogs and other such history items, "Something is better than nothing." And so I keep blogging along knowing that anything I throw out there and keep for our family history, however inadequate it may be, is better than not doing anything at all.

I was very busy this week forgetting things (see previous blog entry) but I did manage to remember a few concerts and recitals.  Britton and Jenna had their orchestra concert this week.

 
They are currently the same height and have the same shoe size so they kind of look like twins these days.  I have tried to prepare Britton for the fact that Jenna may be taller for a few years but not to worry because he will be tallest in the end. Growing up I had a brother that was 20 mo. older than me.  He was kind of small for his age so people always thought we were twins (much to his chagrin) and in Jr. High I was taller than he was for a time.  He didn't like it.  Seeing history repeat itself in my own family I decided to at least prepare Britton for it and so far he hasn't let it bother him.  He isn't small for his age but Jenna is just on the tall side.  ANYWAY, they were great in their concert.  Jenna plays violin and will be moving up to 2nd year orchestra after the break so she and Britton will now have Orchestra at the same time (insert cheering here).  Britton is still playing the Cello and is really enjoying it. 
 
Jenna and Korinne also had a violin/piano recital this week.  Korinne started taking violin and piano with Jenna's teacher in September and did a wonderful job at the recital.  She has always had a hard time getting up and doing anything in front of crowd, but last night she acted with an old pro and did all of her solos without a problem.
 
I forgot to mention that my brother Taylor and his family stayed with us for a week after Thanksgiving.
 
 
June and Jameson are only 6 months apart and ended up being little buddies.
 
 
When Jen comes it is always nice to have a partner in crime for the week
.
 
Sometimes Korinne forgets she isn't the baby anymore.
 
 
And Jameson wants to forget he IS the baby.
 
 
He is walking more and more.  Most of the time he looks like a drunken sailor, but he is walking all the same.
 
He has decided that table food is a lot better than baby food and eats what we eat 100% of the time.
 
 
 We threw the kid a curve ball 2 weeks ago when we put shoes on him for the first time.  During the summer we never worried about shoes and then we kind of forgot about them. Once he started walking we looked at each other and said, "Oh, it's winter and he's walking, guess we better get him some shoes."  (Yeah, we're good parents like that.)  I got him a pair of shoes and put them on him and he just looked at me, looked at the shoes and then looked back at me with the most confused look on his face.  Since then he has gotten used to them, thankfully, but I'm sure we won't be winning any parenting awards in the near future.  On a side note, his first pair of shoes are a size 5.  Those are some big feet!  It's good that he has big feet because they match his big hands. :-)
 
 

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Crap. If you get a C-, I'll be lucky to get a D. I don't even have a good excuse like having a new baby. I'm hoping to do better this year, but I'm not off to a very promising start.