Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Brace Yourself, It's Kora.


Britton got his full braces on Monday.  He has had 4 brackets on his front 4 teeth for the last 17 months and now the time clock starts all over again.  It is anticipated that he will have his full braces for about 2 years.  He is gifted in so many ways but was his teeth were "dentally challenged" from the beginning.  He first 2 teeth came in crooked and it was downhill from there.  He even had the Orthodontist scratching his head when his normal cement stuff didn't work on Britton's teeth.  We got home from his initial appointment and before nightfall he had lost a bracket and had another 5 or 6 that were only in his mouth because they were wired together with some brackets that were holding.  He wasn't eating a carmel apple or anything, he was eating soft serve ice cream. Yeah, you've got a problem if you lose a bracket over some soft serve.  The Ortho thought he had fixed it the next day when we went back, but they started coming off again before Britton even left the office.  He ended up having to scratch his teeth a little with a diamond so they would finally stay put.  Wow.  I REALLY hope this seasoned Orthodontist knows what he is doing. Right now I'll just have to trust him and hope his years of experience mean that my child's teeth will look great when he is done and not permanently scarred.


Just because I knew you were wondering this is what Korinne wore to school today.  I've never had a lot of success getting her to wear tennis shoes (or socks for that matter, but that is another story) and the one day she decides to pull out the old' strawberry shortcake footwear is the day she decides to wear a skirt. Go figure. The shirt didn't match so well, but hey, we've seen worse so I sent her off with a hug and a smile.

A few weeks ago we were talking at dinner one night about how Korinne was named after a great-grandmother on Adam's side--Kora.  Most of the time she is ok to write out "Korinne" on her school papers. . .


. . .but every once in awhile she decides to take the short cut.


I can only imagine how confused her Kindergarten teacher is.  Korinne loves to keep people guessing.  It's her specialty.

4 comments:

larah said...

Wow, I hope the braces work out for the best. I am sure he will have a movie star smile when you are all done.

Kaylynn said...

Wow - that's a lot of braces complications. Nice to meet Kora.

Kristen said...

Cute, Kora. Good luck, Britton, with those braces. You will love your smile when you finish.

Tricia said...

Oh. . . I was wondering what Korinne was wearing. Jess does her own hair these days. (I never did have a phase of doing her hair so she finally took it into her own hands.)