Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dressed in White

Yesterday was a very exciting day for Jenna.  She was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  As I was doing her hair she exclaimed, "I've been waiting for this day my whole life!!"  


 Both sets of Grandparents were there to support Jenna on her big day.



We participated in a stake baptism program and there was one other girl from our ward being baptized.  When we got to the font for our ward's baptisms we were informed that the heater in the font wasn't working and that the water was cold. We soon realized that it wasn't just a little bit cold, but a LOT cold. They actually had to clear away a little bit of ice from the top of the water when they arrived that morning.  Jenna was very happy that she went completely under the first time and didn't have to be baptized a second time.  Both she and Adam were out of that water in record time.  As I helped her get her wet clothes off and dry off we talked about how she was just like the pioneers because many of them had to be baptized in freezing cold water, too.  She had a great attitude, "This will make my baptism so easy to remember!"  While waiting to be confirmed both Jenna and the other girl who was baptized from our ward were literally shivering and had blankets wrapped around them.  Jenna still loved her experience and had a great day.  Adam had 2 sisters and their families travel to be with us and I had 2 sisters from my side that were able to come.  It was a lot of fun to see them and spend a few hours with cousins.

Congrats, Jenna!

8 comments:

Rob said...

What a brave girl! Good job, Jenna! -Diedre Gray

Malinda said...

Congratulations Jenna!

Ice? Really? How does that happen inside of a building? It will make for a good memory. Nate still remembers how cold the water was on his baptism day and that was 30+ years ago.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Congratulations! That's exciting!

I've been planning Benson's baptism this morning. We are looking forward to it.

Tay and Jen said...

Congrats Jenna! That is great! Wish we could have been there.

-Adam is looking skinny.

larah said...

Yay Jenna! What a great day to remember. You also had a great attitude about the cold water. You looked beautiful in your pictures.

Kaylynn said...

The K-1 kids are getting old. I guess we are getting old, too. Ice on the water is not cool. I am glad they survived. Nice red sweater, by the way:)

Tiffany Salter said...

What a memorable day for you, Jenna. It was awesome to be there. We love you and we're very proud of how well you handled the "cold" water.

Tiffany Salter said...

oops, looks like I forgot to sign out of blogger on mom's computer, that comment above was from her, by the way. (Not that I don't agree, just not the right tone. lol)