Monday, January 24, 2011

Oops, she did it again.

When I was a child I cut my own hair zero times.  Never did it.  Never even thought about it.  Unfortunately my girls didn't get that memo.  While Jenna specialized in doing major damage with her self haircuts (the kind that can only be covered up with hats or boy haircuts) Korinne's self haircuts have been annoying, but cover-upable (they should really add that word to the dictionary).  I really really thought we were through with this phase of our children's lives but last week I was doing Korinne's hair and I noticed an entire patch of hair from the front that was no longer long enough to go back into a pony tail.

"Did you cut your hair?"

The look on Korinne's face was one of pure panic.  I could tell she was genuinely surprised that I had noticed.  She admitted that yes, she had cut her hair but it was only because she was at her friend's house and there was stomething sticky in it and she was trying to get it out.  I can totally see Korinne coming up with the idea to just cut it out and being pleased with herself for knowing how to get that sticky stuff out of her hair without getting in trouble.  While the plan was a great one in her mind, this is now what I have to put up with for the next year:



Lovely.

1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

At least it's not sticky. But not fitting into a ponytail is a big bummer.