Few things compare with having your adorable 5 year old daughter climb into bed with you in the early morning hours and proceed to cough all over your face and pillow for the next 45 min. Yup, nothings says "good morning" like a nice hacking cough.
Wait, maybe finding this same adorable 5 year old daughter hiding behind the couch eating a cup of PURE SUGAR might compare a little. Why have candy when you can just help yourself to sugar from the pantry? Unbelievable. We all know that I have a thing for sugar myself, but I don't ever remember sneaking a cup of sugar from the pantry and then eating it. I've already put the brown sugar in an unreachable location, now it is time to lock up the white stuff.
In past years I have dabbled in online Christmas shopping. This year I went exclusive. I'm pretty much done and I haven't even left my house. Awesome.
I'm cold. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating a fact. It's cold outside.
I'm a history buff. I can't get enough. I've always loved documentaries and biographies and now that I've gotten into putting together the life stories or biographies of my own ancestors I can't get enough. I've become a little history detective which is super fun, but very time consuming. I've discovered that a lot of "my people" were pretty colorful characters. I wonder if they really knew how the decisions they made during their lifetimes would affect the hundreds of descendants that followed. We are all more connected than we think. What we decide to do with our lives now does matter and will affect those that follow. I've decided to not be the weak link in my family chain.
It's getting late so I'm off to bed. I would hate to shock my neighbors by having our house lights on past 10:30 p.m. They mock me openly for going to bed so early all of the time but then again, that has been the story of my life.

2 comments:
I'm not a huge sugar fan, so the whole cup of sugar thing is a mystery to me. I did watch Abby suck out half a tube of frosting last night when we were making gingerbread houses, and it made me gag a little.
At least she wasn't snorting it...
I think you are safe in P-town, but here in SC you just never know. Haha
Post a Comment