Saturday, December 4, 2010

Down and Out

Wednesday was the day our incredibly healthy family ran into a brick wall.  Not literally, just figuratively.  Jenna is the only one who managed to get through the week without picking up what the rest of us had.  Korinne and Britton each missed 2 days of school and Adam and I did our best to keep up with our daily duties with only marginal success.  I'm grateful it wasn't a throw-up bug, but it was an energy zapper/ fever/ body aches/ terrible cold bug.  We're still recovering.  The ironic thing was that just the day before I was on the phone with the friend literally bragging about how we've made it this far without so much as a cold. Perhaps I forgot to knock on wood.

Wednesday was also the 11th anniversary of Adam and mine's first date.  Yes, we celebrate it every year along with the day we first met, and the day we got engaged.  We were going to go out, but we ended up huddled in front of a space heater trying to get warm. Adam had chills and was feverish and I was achy and not feeling well at all. Between sniffles and coughs and shivering I thanked him for asking me out 11 years ago.  It was super romantic.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

I guess that will teach you to brag. :) I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Kristen said...

Congratulations on your special anniversary. Get well soon!