Yesterday Mrs. Romrell's 3rd grade class put on 3 mini-plays for a large contingent of parents and grandparents. Watching 3rd graders try to act is entertaining in and of itself. It was good experience for the kids to memorize parts and put on a small production for an audience. Britton was Mr. Kramer in a skit entitled, "The Mystery of the Missing Munchies." He did a great job.
For the last 2 years Britton has had a friend named Bronson in his class. Bronson's Dad not only went to Elementary, Jr. High and High School with Adam, but they were really good friends the entire time. That might not be so unusual if you stayed in the same town you grew up in, but Adam and Bronson's Dad, Chris, grew up in a small town over 4 hours away! It truly is a small world.
There is a story I like to tell about Adam when he was sitting in Calculus class his senior year of High School. He had a friend behind him that kept poking him with a pencil. Finally Adam turned around and told him to knock it off at the very moment that his teacher was trying to get everyone's attention. "Adam! You need to turn around and be quiet!" The entire class erupted. You see, this was the first (and only) time Adam ever got in trouble in school. Ever. Everyone in the class just looked at each other and said, "Adam? Adam just got in trouble??" Needless to say it took another 5 minutes for the class to calm down, the shock was just too great. While I find this story very entertaining I had never told the kids about it. One day Britton came home from school and said, "Bronson told me that his Dad poked Dad with a pencil in class one day and Dad got in trouble." I started laughing out loud. I had no idea that this "friend" was actually Chris, but apparently Chris never forgot about it and told his son who then told Adam's son at school. Wow. It is a small world indeed.
After school yesterday I took the kids swimming. Yes, swimming. Some friends of ours had a hotel room at the local Marriott and invited us to come and use the pool. You should have seen the shocked look on my kids' faces when I said, "Go get your swimming suits, we are going swimming." Never mind that it was snowing and it felt like it was 9 degrees outside. ( I don't know what the temperature really was, but it was cold)
1 comment:
Wish we could have seen Britton's play. Sounds great. The swimming looks like a fun respite from winter. Ahhhh!
Post a Comment