Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy "Cinco de July-O"

Every time the 4th of July falls on a Sunday everyone around these parts has to make a big decision.  Do we celebrate on Saturday the 3rd, or on Monday the 5th?  Unfortunately not everyone picks the same date so half of the festivities were on Saturday and the other half were today.  It felt weird.  I like it better when it is on the same day.  It just feels more 4th of Julyee.

 Ready for the parade to start.


Our local parade is a big candy parade so we were kind of disappointed when it started out a little stingy.  My sister Libbie kicked into gear and cheered for every float as if she knew them personally, never mind the fact that she has never been to the area (she is in the process of moving from Vermont to South Carolina.) 


It worked, however, because the kids started getting more candy.  Thank goodness we had a "crazy lady from Vermont" by our side.

People often comment about how Korinne is my "mini-me".  Well, Libbie has one, too.  Her daughter Sadie looks so much like Libbie did at that age that sometimes it freaks me out a little. I wish I had a picture of her when she was little so I could do a side by side comparison.


Mmm, must be the 4th. . . oops, I mean 5th of July.

We got a few fireworks for the kids to do in our circle and then watched the big show from our back deck. I'm such a fan of watching fireworks from the comfort of my own home. Just say no to after show traffic jams.

We're proud to be Americans. Happy 5th of July to you all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, guess what I'm cleaning up again this morning? Poor Quinn and poor me...

larah said...

Sounds like you guys had a great 4/5th of July! We were visiting Dustin's parents and it was CHILLY up there! Loving the weather again now that we are home!