Jenna has fewer teeth today than she did yesterday. A few months ago she visited the Orthodontist who thought it best to have 4 of her baby teeth "wiggled out" to make way for teeth coming in. The hope is that her permanent teeth will come in straighter thereby saving time/money on braces in the future. I love how he used the term "wiggled out" instead of "pulled out". I guess when dealing with children you have to choose your words carefully. Britton had to have the same 4 teeth pulled last summer and I made the mistake of taking the girls with me to the Dentist that day. Britton cried and screamed so loud and for so long Jenna and Korinne were white faced in the waiting room and totally freaked out. It wasn't the tooth extraction that got Britton, is was the shots beforehand. Anyway, this time I was a little smarter and made sure it was just Jenna and me. She knew what was coming but was very brave and handled it like a pro. Where Britton was weeping and wailing she merely whimpered. She has repeatedly demonstrated over the years that her tolerance for pain is higher, except for when one of her siblings has hit her, of course, and then she acts like she will never be able to use her arm again. "But Mom, they did it ON PURPOSE!"
Later on during the day I went to a clothing store to get a jump on back to school shopping. For the first time ever I invited Jenna to come along with me. As many of you know I'm NOT a shopper and prefer to shop alone so I can get in and out and on with my life. Jenna is getting older and I thought she might enjoy the excursion and not surprisingly she jumped at the chance. Not only did Jenna absolutely love it, but she was actually quite helpful. She was the one who found a few of the things that we ended up getting and even when we were looking for things for Britton and Adam she had a longer attention span than I did. I don't know whether to be happy or scared that she liked it so much. "Mom, that was sooooo much fun!" Yeah, I should probably be scared, shouldn't I?
Earlier this week I took Britton and Jenna up to the college campus while Korinne was at her summer preschool. Before I sat down to write this post I looked at the pictures I had on my camera so I could remember what I needed to write but these were the only photos I had on my camera.
Me, "Ok Britton, let's take a picture of you on the A"
"Um ok, how about something more natural for the next one."
Right.
Jenna, "Ooh, Ooh, Can I be in the next one?"
Jenna, "Can I be in one my myself?"
"Wait, will you take one more with me doing an 'A' pose?"
Let's face it, my kids are "posers". Britton insisted I take a picture of him waving to another statue on campus.
By this time I told them that I wasn't going to take pictures of every statue on campus. They did talk me into one more, however.
The highlight of the outing was getting the "famous" ice cream on campus. I forgot to take a picture because there wasn't a weird modern art sculpture in front of the ice cream place. Silly me.
3 comments:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree now does it? "Shouldn't I be in this picture?" :)
Now I am craving some lemon custard Aggie ice cream. Mmmmm.
I've never tasted the lemon custard Aggie ice cream. I guess we need to make a trip to campus next time I'm up north. Cute posers!
Cassidy just had eight teeth pulled at the dentist!!! She was pretty brave even when she had NO control over her muscles in her mouth for hours afterward! Not fun!
Love the pictures of your kids...I have to say that taking pictures of your kids at Aspen Grove was almost TOO EASY! They are cuties! Especially when you bring out the camera!
Post a Comment